2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"-15.x"
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Need a portable gaming laptop for use in University.
5. How much battery life do you need? Should last 3-5 hours atleast.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Mostly MMORPGS like Rift, Aion, WoW and some like Crysis 2, CoD:Black Ops, L4D, Portal 2 etc.. on Med-High settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photoshop (not heavy)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB - 1TB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Nope
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Bluray Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Preference to Asus, Dell, Sony, don't dislike any new brands but it should be available/ can be shipped to my place.
13. What country do you live in? India
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed: I'm totally clueless when it comes to Laptops, this would be my first and I would be using it in my University.Also, I'm not sure if the screen size is appropriate to be carried around ?
Both the above models cost a bomb over here like 2000 - 2200 US$, the Asus one is officially unavailable. Luckily I got a friend of mine coming down from US next week so I'm gonna pick up Asus G53SW-A1, thanks a lot guys
Don't expect to find a gaming laptop to last "atleast" 3-5hrs.
Anyway,laptops like MSI GT683R/ASUS G53SW are 2 great choices.Their battery life is around 2-4hrs
Just got my G53SW-A1 within a week from US , got a quick question regarding the laptop's charger. The power supply brick reads:
Input: 100 - 240 V ~ 2.0A
Also, there is a small sticker near the cable end which goes to the socket, which reads "10A, 125V"
I'm in India, will there will an issue if I plug this in directly with the help for a travel adapter, so as to make it fit into the socket ? The power here is 220V / 240V. Or do I need to purchase any additional stuff ? Sorry, a bit clueless regarding this n thanks again.