Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Virus????

Last response: in Windows 7
February 24, 2013 4:25:33 PM

Hi, I think that I have a Virus.

When my computer is idling my clock speeds automaticly shoot up to max at 97% and the temps rise quickly.

I download Malware antibites and it detected threats on my computer. I then proceeded to delete them and I restarted but when I logged back on the same problem existed.

Any help is appreactiated:) 

P.S: I have MSE for a antivirus

More about : virus

February 24, 2013 6:29:22 PM

I would try running HijackThis to see if hidden programs maybe running in the background.

m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
February 24, 2013 6:42:36 PM

I have MSE for a antivirus < Hasn't passed certification in 2 years.Get Avast if you want a free solution.
m
l
Related resources
a c 395 $ Windows 7
February 24, 2013 6:43:42 PM

Check your task manger to see whats running?
m
l
March 26, 2013 4:11:16 PM

is an svchost I have stopped the process but every time I turn my computer on again it starts up. Is there a permanent solution?
m
l

Best solution

May 10, 2013 2:36:16 AM

Run an antivirus scan in your system. Use Immunet Plus, Norton, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast or any other antivirus software to scan your system completely and automatic removal of virus. Once system scan is completed and virus is removed, use system restores to remove recent updates in your system. Virus will be removed, if it had come with any download or installation.
May 10, 2013 2:51:33 AM

Run a full system scan with your latest updated antivirus install on your system and remove infected files else try to make a contact with your " Antivirus Service " team.
m
l
May 10, 2013 3:16:32 AM

According to Microsoft: “svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries”. In the Windows NT family of operating systems, svchost.exe (Service Host, or SvcHost) is a system process which hosts multiple Windows services.

svchost.exe runs in multiple instances in task manager...

Try to disable the items that run under Startup Tab in msconfig. (Do not disable any Microsoft processes).

Check which process takes up more CPU or Memory. If you find any, search for that process name in google . It could still be a virus like activity.

Alternately, check if your Anti Virus program is doing any Idle time scans.. It does happen a lot if you use Norton Anti Virus. All the best.

m
l
!