Sign in with
Your question

Intel..finally started to move thier fat asses !

Last response: in CPUs
April 4, 2002 7:47:08 PM

Well its about time ! After the miserable debut of the P4 Intel have finally started to get the ball rolling. This is gonna be the year of the Pentium 4 and Willamette based Celeron !

I think AMD are gonna remain fairly quiet this year, until Hammer is released. As for Thouroughbred it will clock higher but we wont see any major performance benifits due to its restricted bandwidth and small L2 cache...yep the Athlon is in its dieing months...it might receive a shot in the arm with Barton (thats if AMD manage to release it) but by that time everybody will be looking towards the mighty Hammer.

Intels 2.6Ghz P4 will offically support FSB of 533Mhz which will boost applications by 0-15% (the average being 5% as Anandtech stated) and there will be an array of chipsets to choose from, you will be spoilt for choice.

Intel have also managed to reduce the die size of the P4 to maximise production and we will see major price cuts this April. Intel has indicated they may reach over 3Ghz by the end of this year which will be great.

Intel have also started the ball rolling on the PR front too...with the release of the Aberdeen report, internal trainning classes regarding AMDs PR rating and not to mention FUD based PDF's Intel will ensure they remain No.1 well as long as this creates even more competition I'm not complaining !

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>
April 4, 2002 9:31:09 PM

Why do you hate fat people so much? :mad: 

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 4, 2002 9:47:13 PM

You don't have to be fat to have a fat ass.
April 4, 2002 9:59:15 PM

Good point

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 4, 2002 10:31:01 PM

does this mean that with the release of the p4/2666 with 533 rdram, that intel has regain performance crown? there can only be one.
April 4, 2002 10:55:24 PM

The 2.4 is out, which currently outperforms any Athlon at stock speeds, so I'd say that yes, they've regained the performance crown for now (just for an absurd price).

April 5, 2002 1:26:59 PM

But isn't that Intel's motto? I thought it went something like, "<font color=blue>Why be unheard, when we can be absurd.</font color=blue>"

<pre>Join PETT.(People for Equal Treatment of Trolls)
Trolls:Keeping bridges clean 'n safe.</pre><p>
April 5, 2002 1:43:06 PM

I should go out and buy as much Intel stock as I can. Is there someplace I can send all the profits from the Intel stock for this PETT organization?
April 5, 2002 1:55:49 PM

Quote:
I should go out and buy as much Intel stock as I can. Is there someplace I can send all the profits from the Intel stock for this PETT organization?

One thing that i know from trading on the stock market, is that the market dosent care if intel has released a 2.6ghz cpu and that its still no1, its all about the bottom line, its all about how well they can convince the public that there the ones to invest in. A lot of people are still a bit shaky about tech stocks due the 98 mini tech crash that continued for about 1 year. So beware.

:cool: <font color=blue><b>BAD ASS BOYS OVERCLOCK BAD ASS TOYS</b></font color=blue> :cool:
April 5, 2002 2:49:26 PM

I appreciate the stock advice, but I was only joking. :lol: 
April 5, 2002 3:45:58 PM

To ensure that Trolls of all breeds recieve an equal voice in PETT, the PETT financial backing is a stricly run as a not-for-profit organization with absolutely no ties to any corporations or political affiliations. This way no one Troll has their cause advanced any further than any other Troll in PETT, and that each Troll recieves exactly equal treatment and results from PETT.

So no, you cannot.

However, if you would like to join the PETT Adopt-A-Troll program for only 35 cents a day, just the price of a cup of coffee, you could save the life of a downtrodden Troll. PETT will send you a photohtaph of the Troll that you are supporting, as well as letters from the Troll expressing their appreciation.

<pre>This however is not to be confused with PETT's free-range
Troll farming program: Troll-Free which is specifically for
the rehabilitation of over-wound Politico-Trolls who have
lost touch with reality and need to re-acquaint themselves
with the world on which they live. Nor should it be
confused with PETT's Three Fundamental Rs (the
Re-education/Reprogramming Regime) program funded by the
shadow government for helping burnt-out and/or abandoned
Techno-Trolls to rejoin the technological workforce in the
form of space and military technology engineers.</pre><p>For more information regarding PETT and the Troll rehabilitation programs that you can support, check out <A HREF="http://www.pett.com" target="_new">http://www.pett.com&lt;/A>.

<pre>The actual ownership of www.pett.com is currently under
legal debate. If the affore mentioned web site is not yet
under PETT's authority, then PETT asks you to please be
patient and bear with the slowness of the US legal system
until this issue has been resolved. Thank you.</pre><p><pre>Join PETT.(People for Equal Treatment of Trolls)
Trolls:Keeping bridges clean 'n safe.</pre><p>
!