cpu benchmark test

G

i was wondering if anyone has a link to a good cpu benchmark test for a Amd proc.

chris

FatBurger

Illustrious
Can you be a little more specific? Synthetic test? Real-world test? What kind of real-world test? Graphic editing? Video editing? Sound production? Gaming? Office applications?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ah what the heck go for an entire suite.
Get Sisoft Sandra, Madonion 3D mark 2001se, Madonion PCmark 2002, Toast, United Devices THINK, SETI@Home, a couple games, a couple programs....you'll be reviewing CPUs in no time.
Just go to google and search for these things and I'm sure you'll get plenty of links.

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
clibench (mk III smp 0.7.15 win32 i386)

<A HREF="http://clibench.daemonware.ch/" target="_new">http://clibench.daemonware.ch/</A>

Under # of threads enter how many processors you have in your system.

"
What do the test results tell me? Bigger numbers mean better performance for all of these tests! (except for the CPU usage value!)

Dhrystone V 2.1: Standard benchmark for the integer performance. The program code is about 16 kB, that means, depending on your CPU architecture, that it runs fully in level one cache. The faster the clock speed and the more sophisticated your CPU's architecture the better the results.

Whetstone: A standard for the floating point performance. Runs also fully in level 1 cache. Measures your FPU.

Eight queens problem: Runs mostly in level 1 cache. It's a test that measures how your CPU handles recursive functions. Depends mostly on the CPU's architecture.

Matrix operations: Runs mostly in level 2 cache. If you've got no cache you'll get very bad results.

Number crunch performance: Shows how fast your CPU does integer calculations. It does some time consuming calculations.

Floating point performance: This test uses nothing than FPU functions. It does calculations, conversions and other stuff.

Memory throughput: Shows the access speed to your computers RAM. Depends on the amount of RAM, the type and the bios settings.
"

- JW