Hi. I'm a university student whose laptop recently broke down. It's about time I replace it anyways. I used to have a very good ASUS gaming laptop that could pretty much run most things. However, I'm not that into gaming anymore. With that said, I heard about Microsoft's free Xbox deal, and I think this might be good for my little sisters. They're like 9 and 12 but they would always play MW2 on my laptop. Isn't that weird?
Anyways... I'm planning on buying a laptop using my Amazon store card and financing it for 6 months without interest. Yay.
1. What is your budget?
As I don't game anymore, I'm looking for the best laptop that will win me that free Xbox. I'm hoping to spend the minimum $700 that they are asking for, but at the same time, I'm open to more expensive options that they have listed on their website.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I love large screens... I had a 15.4 inch before. I wonder if 17 inches is worth the money? At least 15.4 inches or larger.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
My previous laptop was a desktop replacement, so I need another desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not important, but longer the better. I always keep it plugged in if I can though.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I may want to play older games; if the laptop could run newer games on low quality or medium quality, that would be nice, but price point is most important for me. Gaming is low priority for me.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just browsing, word processing, chatting, webcamming, etc...
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As much as possible (this sounds vague...). My previous laptop had 750 GB.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I kept my previous one for 3 years... I'm hoping to at least 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc?
DVD ROM/Writer at least.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
My previous laptop was from ASUS, so I do like "the feel" of their laptops. However, I'm open to other companies. I have to admit, sometimes laptops feel weird... Button placements? Weird "media" function buttons and such sometimes annoy me.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
It'd be nice if it had a nice webcam/mic. I Skype a lot with my girl.
Finally, I'd like to ask... Is this Xbox deal a method of raising prices on crappier laptops to motivate people to buy them? Would buying a $500 laptop actually be better?
More about :laptop recommendation amazon laptop xbox deal
15" vs 17" if you're not lugging it around all the time the 17"'s higher 1600x900 resolution is a nice bonus IMO. Besides size, weight and shorter battery life there are usually no downsides to going 17" and costs are usually very close.
Of the listings this looked like it best met your objectives:
HP Pavilion dv7-6175us $749 has a Core i5-2410M CPU, 1600x900 LCD & HD 6490M graphics card and 750GB HDD