Your question

General Education *DELETED* *DELETED*

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 8, 2002 2:04:08 AM

Post deleted by oproject
April 8, 2002 2:13:09 AM

are you trying to flame or are you just naive in posting this? No information is truly, "genuine".

"When there's a will, there's a way."
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 8, 2002 2:17:06 AM

you have a point there, its an argument we could have if you want, i just meant that the information in the documentary in genuine, not that the whole concept of course no one can be sure, do the research please after watching the documentary...
Related resources
April 8, 2002 2:40:07 AM

I recommend in future you keep your posts to one section, as multiple identical posts tend to bore people.

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 8, 2002 2:46:28 AM

yes i'm geting some comments about that, will keep it in mind in the future ... it is just that i found it so important that , wanted everybody to educated little..
just showing you the the door.. walk it through or not , up to you..
April 8, 2002 2:48:32 AM

Don't flatter yourself =/

I like to think of it this way. The door is open anytime to leave the forum, don't trip on the way out. Go with god! But go!

I think everyone can choose for themselves what they want to know

"When there's a will, there's a way."
April 8, 2002 2:58:33 AM

Allah needs to see you right away. Please kill yourself.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.
April 8, 2002 2:58:51 AM

Any website which has evolutiondeciet in its title obviously is ran by morons, there is only one group practicing deceit on that website, run along fundy.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
April 8, 2002 3:00:52 AM

Muslims, morons. Same thing.

April 8, 2002 3:03:57 AM

Nope guys.

Morons one thing.

Muslim another.

Unfortunately some are educated to ensure these two qualities meet.

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>
April 8, 2002 3:34:15 AM

mmm that 'book' just looks like yet another book from frightened religious types trying to derail evolution.

the basic argument seems to be,

All the evidence in the world points to evolution happening, but this book has told me that didn't happen, so i'm going to ignore all the evidence shown to me.
April 8, 2002 3:40:59 AM

This is truly the best looking <b>dumb</b> site I've ever seen.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
April 8, 2002 3:49:47 AM

I thought it was dribble until I read chapter 19 and this freakin <A HREF="http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/chapter19.html#197" target="_new">”vision center”</A>. The lemon the color, man “Science can never know the physical world.” I was crying. Wait a second. No I wasn’t. But I did get a chuckle out of it.

All errors are undocumented features waiting to be discovered.
April 8, 2002 3:56:20 AM

I love the conclusion at the end of pages and pages of cosmology:

Quote:
In conclusion, the truth disclosed by science is this: Matter and time have been brought into being by an independent possessor of immense power, by a Creator. Allah, the Possessor of almighty power, knowledge and intelligence, has created the universe we live in.

Or this reasoning, ROFL, explaining how the stellar distances are a direct result of the existance of human life on Earth:

Quote:
In short, the distribution of celestial bodies in space is exactly what it must be for human life to exist on our planet. These huge spaces are the outcome of an intentional design for a purpose and not a result of coincidence.

This conclusion from the seond law of thermodynamics and a discussion about entropy:

Quote:
In short, the order in the universe demands deep and extensive understanding and knowledge. It is designed, organized, and preserved by Allah.

Allah reveals how the heavens and earth are preserved by His supreme power in the Qur'an

I'm sorry, but this site is just plain stupid. It doesn't debunk anything. It's pure religious propaghanda. This site spoils some decent scientific explainations with garbage at each conclusion.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
April 8, 2002 4:10:04 AM

well I just got a private message fromt this guy eluding to the fact that i was uneducated and needed to do research because there was no fossil link to prove man came from apes....here is my response

I know a fair bit about evolution seeing as I work as a research geneticist. Yes I've read Darwin's theories, but to be honest they are not what I'm defending here, as modern theories that are BASED on Darwin's work are what are currently accepted. Neo-Darwinist theory points to not only the fittest survive, but also the species with the greatest ability to adapt in a short space of time will survive. Darwin's theory was revolutionary in many ways, and he had it mainly correct.

Now to answer some of your statements. Yes they have found species called a lungfish that is able to "walk" outside of water and survive for long periods out of the water. I'm not saying that this is THE species that crossed the land/water divide, but it shows that life finds ways of adapting to living on land - as this adaptation clearly shows.

About not finding fossils that prove humans evolved from apes....well this is a non starter, because no scientist has ever claimed that humans evolved from apes, what we show is that humans and modern apes evolved from a common precursor species, that evolved into modern apes, but also through a different path evolved into modern man.

Now fossils are very hard to find becuase fossils are only created in very specific conditions, you point to the fact that there is no DIRECT link between modern apes and man if you trace back through the fossil link, well has it occured to you that a species could have been living in an environment that didn't produce fossils? in which case we would not see fossils.

To claim that all life was created by one being is firstly very arrogant and secondly wrong, if only there was scientific evidence of creation then I'd understand where you're coming from....it's like there is a 99.9% watertight evolution theory that you are trying to pick holes in whilst at the same time not brining any viable alternative to the table. Anyway surely this thread belongs in "Other"
April 8, 2002 4:32:24 AM

sorry the only morons are people who try and generalize an entire religion with 1 billion people in it as all morons.

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>
April 8, 2002 5:04:31 AM

Stupidity must be contagious. Please, stay away.

April 8, 2002 5:13:10 AM

Yes, the 1 billion people who believe in Allah simply because it says so in a book that is thousands of years old are morons.

April 8, 2002 5:19:01 AM

<sarcasm = true>Yes, since I am not a bigot who discriminates against people of a particular religion I must be stupid. Thank you sir for bringing that out. I'm going to sit down and think about how stupid I am.

April 8, 2002 5:22:55 AM

and you damn well should :wink:

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol: 
April 8, 2002 5:33:01 AM

hahahaha

i think fredi needs to make a new forum for posts like this. I vote for
"crap"

You're an embarrisment to nature you know that?
April 8, 2002 5:36:51 AM

well I think the 'other' board is good for misc. ridiculous stuff

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Intel_Inside on 04/08/02 01:45 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 8, 2002 5:39:07 AM

don't mind if i do:
rediculous: ridiculous.

fatburger=0
mbetea=1
:tongue:

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol: 
April 8, 2002 5:52:54 AM

Hey jackass, if you take the Bible literally the earth is only 6,000 years old. So leave the Muslims alone. Did you know 40% of Americans believe the earth is 6,000 years old?

Creepy huh?

By the way, that site seems to come from a man who is so scared he is (gasp) a civilized animal, he publishes this bullsh-t.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>
April 8, 2002 5:57:52 AM

Quote:
Creepy huh?

not really. would help to explain a lot about american people :wink:

April 8, 2002 6:00:18 AM

well their president is christian.

In god we trust?

bibles in the courtroom?

religion is everywhere

April 8, 2002 6:01:52 AM

and we all know that religion + politics is generally a BAD idea.

April 8, 2002 6:04:38 AM

This thread is going to [-peep-].

April 8, 2002 6:26:49 AM

I think you anti-christian and anti-american people need to take a good look at DH's signature and realize how wrong and offensive you are.
</sarcasm> ^_^

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>
April 8, 2002 6:49:53 AM

Please don't bring my sig into any more threads.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 8, 2002 6:59:24 AM

I only post this so people could have another point of view to the Humanities reason of being here, I still believe we have to improve ourselves to understand each other better and the only way to do this is KNOWLEDGE, read whatever you can, talk, argue about things you don't know (not sure of ) ask, learn from other people but don't just believe what you hear , do research, try to find the same thing in 5-10 different respected knowledge sources(books, magazines, internet, TV(educational channels, NOT NEWS) sites etc..), we should try to use more of the brain we have, fill it up, generate more cells.
We are here everyday at this FORUM , to learn about the computers, something that we need or want to know , and we share our ideas and experience with eachother, generating brain cells everyday i hope.
but try to learn more about life as well , the existence , it is something that we can not deny, do philosophy , read the thinkers who wrote stuff hundreds of years ago , they are not premitive ideas , in fact we need philosophers right now, we still don't know why we are here, surely the reason its not to solve our problems on our desktop :)  maybe it is, at least a small part of it maybe, by being here you share ideas with you friends and become frends even, which is a wonderous thing, without our race our belief system we share the same problem and try to solve it together , try to think about this, its a wonderfull thing, try to see the reason behind it , the more you ask the more you improve, the more you improve the more peace you have with your life...
Thus, have more knowledge, try to read more about our history about your encesters who lived before you, who asked the questions we should ask today, denying our history is denying our existence, think twice before you write or talk with your friends here and there and your family, you may not have the chance to make it up to them
who know about a month ago an astroid just passed Earth by 180.000 miles , we didn't even se it coming www.space.com, so try to live your life with peace and prosperity..

I hope as humanity will improve ourselves to be better everday..

i will delete this post shortly...
April 8, 2002 7:09:33 AM

well. back the original topic.
As to the link in the orginal post, that was good for some laughs. Astrophysics happens to be a hobby of mine. The notion that "celestial bodies" are exactly where they are to create human life is absurd at best.
The search for planets outside our own solar system is progressing nicely. To date, scientists have found 40+ planets in other solar systems. And we have only looked about 50 light years away. There are hundreds of millions of light years worth of space. You do the math. The more planets we find, the better the odds that we will find one that could support life. Then the notion we humans are somehow unique will be de-bunked.
We are a small rock in a vast ocean of planets. The universe is huge, it seems a waste to only put humans in it.
In fact, if God were into computers - he would probably call us a pre-beta test. Which of course we screwed up, and continue to do so. I believe in God, but science can never prove his existence, cuz thats the way God wants it. Have some faith, or choose another belief system.
- my 2 cents

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.
April 8, 2002 7:09:35 AM

Geez, who are you, mother teresa? this sounds too julie andrews for me, man!

here's a piece of "wisdom/knowledge" on your path to enlightenment: put these kinds of threads in the "other" section, as this is, and you know it, a hardware forum; this one in particular is about CPUs.

:lol:  <b><font color=blue>gnintsakgnirkskir ksron</font color=blue></b> :lol: 
April 8, 2002 7:17:20 AM

You have to understand you’re preaching religious philosophy with a disguise of logic and science. Theories should be built upon their own merits, not torn down because of conflict of interest. To logically bolster ones argument by bashing an opposing view is very illogical. Evolution stands on its own behalf and does not attempt to discredit any views of faith. Do you really wish for another Scopes Monkey Trial?

All errors are undocumented features waiting to be discovered.
April 8, 2002 7:17:45 AM

please leave (religious, sorry your holiness, i hope you can tolerate me now)philosophy out of these boards... FYI... that website is full of crap... , thank god ( :wink: ) for the seperation of church and state... at least in the US

:wink: Engineering is the science of making life simple, by making it more complicated.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tnadrev on 04/09/02 01:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 8, 2002 7:27:11 AM

I could mention how the whole "Second Law of Thermodynamics" argument falls apart when it is taken into account that the Earth is not a closed system, but I won't....
April 8, 2002 7:28:46 AM

<A HREF="http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/aster..." target="_new">http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/aster...;/A>

I believe this is the asteroid you're referring to, and it passed outside the orbit of the moon. That's no big deal at all. Granted it would be nice to have spotted it sooner, but the more exciting asteroids are those that fly within the orbit of the moon. Asteroids have literally bounced off the atmosphere in the past. That's a close call. This isn't. The moon shields the Earth nicely and Asteroids aren't a problem until they get within its orbit.

Philosophy? What exactly does philosophy do to help improve mankind? I have a friend who's a philosopher. There are no jobs for philosophers outside of the university. I don't think there are any philosophical think-tanks. Does the government hire philosophers? Do philosophers steer the world agenda? Has the philosopher solved anything? Philosophy makes interesting reading, but that's about it. That's my opinion at least.

April 8, 2002 7:32:46 AM

People who tout the "truth" of their respective religions' creation myths are never going to have any solid evidence to back up their cliams. Proof denies faith, and without faith, religion is nothing. All they can do is point out inconsistancies in over a century of constant scientific research and theorising. Pretty easy thing to do, especially when you don't have to back up your own alternative postulations with anything but books full of folk tales cribbed from previous cultures, which were themselves cribbed from still earlier cultures, etc.
April 8, 2002 4:28:14 PM

Quote:
I believe this is the asteroid you're referring to, and it passed outside the orbit of the moon. That's no big deal at all. Granted it would be nice to have spotted it sooner, but the more exciting asteroids are those that fly within the orbit of the moon. Asteroids have literally bounced off the atmosphere in the past. That's a close call. This isn't. The moon shields the Earth nicely and Asteroids aren't a problem until they get within its orbit.

IN solar system terms that was a very close call.

April 8, 2002 5:33:34 PM

Quote:
Muslims, morons. Same thing.

Maybe Kennyshin was right after all :frown:

Can't we keep this thing in the Other forum? Heaven forbid we talk about CPUs in this one.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 8, 2002 5:41:16 PM

Quote:
and we all know that religion + politics is generally a BAD idea.

exactly, talking and discussing about both are not good idea as they are very comlicated subjects and each person has his own opinion who defends strongly to prove that he is right and more knowledge.

wish if there was UnDo in the life
April 8, 2002 11:48:55 PM

and as i like to say

My imaginary friend is better than yours!!! :smile:

April 9, 2002 3:11:59 PM

Well of course the earth is millions of years old but i'll be damned if i admit that mankind is millions of years old too. Humans are just tooo immature and stupid to be a millions of years old! There is no way we are that mature. I say 6000 years makes good sense since we are still immature and stupid morons.

I mean look, people are presented with absolute facts and still go running to a book and say "nope according to this book those facts are wrong" lol. I mean it's just purely ignorance and immature. Not to mention arrogant and unwise. As to think that a higher power would only "Create" us and no other species amongst the billions of galaxies people! Billions! And some of you say not one galaxy amonst the billions of galaxies (which contain each billions of planets and suns), not one would have other life on it. Purely arrogant.

Look at the mideast for christ sakes. They are fighting over dirt people! DIRT! Little kids do that! Also if we were millions of years old don't you think at least 1/4 of the population would be atleast enlightnend (AKA mature and wise. You can also call them sane-philosphers)

What a shame all those books were burned in the greek times. Set us back 1000 years or more even.

ok thats my word. Had to post. it was just too interesting.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
April 9, 2002 3:18:42 PM

Please understand that philosophy is the basic fabric of science. Philosphy is NOT a religion and i will not tolerate such ignorance.

Without philosophy there is no science. Thats a historical fact. Philosophy is about many things, but it is not a religion!

It is philosphy that discovered the atom over 2000 years ago for your information.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
April 9, 2002 3:21:25 PM

Quote:
Well of course the earth is millions of years old but i'll be damned if i admit that mankind is millions of years old too. Humans are just tooo immature and stupid to be a millions of years old! There is no way we are that mature. I say 6000 years makes good sense since we are still immature and stupid morons.

I'm astounded by your logic :tongue:

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 9, 2002 5:39:47 PM

Not to me at least.

April 10, 2002 4:09:14 AM

Quote:
I say 6000 years makes good sense since we are still immature and stupid morons.

Speak for yourself...

Are you trying to tell us that you actually believe that humans are only 6000 years old? In 6000 b.c. or 8000 years ago, yeast was used to make beer by the Sumerians and the Babylonians. 6000 years ago, the egyptians and chinese were having a merry old time creating yogurt and bread.

Humans are roughly 150,000 years old. Please people, read a book...

April 10, 2002 4:12:07 AM

The first cities were established 6000-5500 years ago. An interesting fact I just found on the net.

April 10, 2002 4:12:37 AM

Yep, dh spot on.

!