Sign in with
Your question

Intel owns AMD stock....

Last response: in CPUs
April 9, 2002 3:01:02 AM

100,000 shares!

Guess Intel thinks the Hammer will do well =) Here is the report from the inquirer, which obviously reports on rumor more then fact, but this one I checked on and it is true!

http://www.theinquirer.net/08040208.htm

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

More about : intel owns amd stock

a b à CPUs
April 9, 2002 3:54:22 AM

Yes, and Ford owns GM, GM owns Ford, and they both own shares in foreign automakers. Companies do these investments to hedge their bets against any sudden change in their own business.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
April 9, 2002 4:14:48 AM

Sure also Intel think that ithanium suck big time so the buy million share on sun.

BLABLA

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 04/09/02 00:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
April 9, 2002 8:05:47 AM

look around for last years post on this same subject:

Intel is pimping AMD!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
April 9, 2002 1:54:12 PM

Quote:
Intel is pimping AMD!

Well im pimping amdMELTDOWN!

I invented ctrl-alt-del but Bill [Gates] made it famous - Dave Bradley IBM PC designer
April 9, 2002 6:05:37 PM

and I'm pimping me!

Any takers? I thought not.

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>
April 9, 2002 6:47:27 PM

I think this is probably in the employee's pention plan or some other kind of retirement plan. I don't know what. I had a friend who used to work at Intel and they had some kind of retirement plan which Intel invested moeny in. I think Intel probably bought these shares for this plan. I may be totally wrong.

KG

<b>"Hey! It compiles! Ship it!"</b>
April 9, 2002 9:33:40 PM

Actually you may be right, but these shares in question are part of thier normal investments. Intel currently has about 3.8 BILLION in stock in various companies (they took a bath in Enron stock) down from about 5 billion a year or two ago. Intel had owned AMD stock in the past but sold it. They repurchased 100,000 shares in the last quarter, just thought that was funny they bought em with Hammer on the horizon. Seems to me it means they expect AMD to be around for a while and make some $$ from Hammer =)

April 9, 2002 10:34:54 PM

Maybe they are shorting AMD.... j/k This a frequently performed operation. I'm sure AMD owns Intel stock. (or would want to own it if they had the money....)
April 10, 2002 1:56:15 AM

Maybe they should, I know I bought mine for much less and sold it for much more then its current price =)

April 10, 2002 2:36:17 AM

Intel needs a tax write off

Proving once again that <A HREF="http://www.zombo.com" target="_new">anything is possible</A>.
April 10, 2002 7:45:11 AM

:o )

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu
!