Closed

Fight the Conservation of Stupidity!

Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
while I continue my corporate rampage.

Who will step to the plate?

Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?

-Michael
558 answers Last reply
More about fight conservation stupidity

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once.

    Yet, combined, we don't smell as bad as you.

    And I am pissed that I am only third in the list. I obviously am not
    doing enough.

    > It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days.

    What with you fighting crime, rescuing kittens, maintaining world
    peace, etc.

    > Who will step to the plate?

    Kirrrbyyyy Puuuuuuckett!

    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?

    Superman? Captain America? Pauly Shore?

    Brandon

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
    > while I continue my corporate rampage.

    Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    a deal?

    --
    "Speaking of valid debates, it seems to me that there's an inverse
    power-to-cleavage ratio among Aes Sedai." - Frank van Schie (r.a.s.w.rj)

    "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    > caps)
    > while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Who will step to the plate?
    >
    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?
    >
    > -Michael

    OMG! Ron has infected MSB with the metatroll virus! All of you, RUN!!! Run
    as if your very virtual lives depended on it!!
    *this public emgercency notice was brought to you 'Zinthos'*

    -==-
    Jerry Chesko

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
    > while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Who will step to the plate?
    >
    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?
    >
    > -Michael

    Count me out. What I know of 3.5E you could probably fit in a thimble,
    and besides, I'm a firm believer in Rule Zero. The way you play at your
    house is your own damned business.

    Ralph Glatt

    Member, Old Farts Club

    "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once.
    It's
    > > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    take
    > > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch
    of
    > > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    caps)
    > > while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    > degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    > the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    > posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    > a deal?

    It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and Goslin. But
    if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed reach
    the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.

    -Michael

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:

    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
    > while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Who will step to the plate?
    >
    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?

    Sorry, BATTLEHYMN is in semi-retirement at the moment...

    - Ron ^*^

    Richard Taylor wrote:

    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    >> too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >> schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    >> take
    >> applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the
    >> torch of
    >> the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >> caps)
    >> while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >

    > Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    > degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    > the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    > posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    > a deal?

    Join the club, man. I try and I try to bait MSB, but it only works
    sometimes. Try asking him about lycanthropes and alignment or something.

    - Ron ^*^

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:

    > "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >
    >>Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>>Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once.
    >
    > It's
    >
    >>>too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >>>schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    >
    > take
    >
    >>>applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch
    >
    > of
    >
    >>>the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >
    > caps)
    >
    >>>while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >>
    >>Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    >>degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    >>the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    >>posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    >>a deal?
    >

    > It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and Goslin. But
    > if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed reach
    > the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.

    Wouldn't those be yawning nadirs?

    - Ron ^*^

    Jerry Chesko wrote:

    > "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    >>too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >>schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    >>applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    >>the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >>caps)
    >>while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >>
    >>Who will step to the plate?
    >>
    >>Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?
    >>
    >>-Michael
    >>

    > OMG! Ron has infected MSB with the metatroll virus! All of you, RUN!!! Run
    > as if your very virtual lives depended on it!!

    "Oh, I'm not such a bad guy, once you get to know me..."

    - Ron ^*^

    "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once.
    > It's too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not
    > with my schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is
    > time to take applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will
    > take up the torch of the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY
    > OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps) while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Who will step to the plate?
    >
    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?

    Methinks the Lady doth protest too much. Your posts guarantees they will
    post more, not less, thus producing what you _say_ you want to end.

    In the words of Clint Eastwood's character in _Every Which Way But Loose_,
    it's time to quit when you get to like the pain.

    --
    Terry Austin
    www.hyperbooks.com

    "No 33 Secretary" <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
    > "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
    > Methinks the Lady doth protest too much. Your posts guarantees they will
    > post more, not less, thus producing what you _say_ you want to end.

    On the contrary, I just drove one of my enemies into retirement by
    making a point of talking to him.

    -Michael

    > "No 33 Secretary" <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
    >> "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >> Methinks the Lady doth protest too much. Your posts guarantees they will
    >> post more, not less, thus producing what you _say_ you want to end.
    >
    > On the contrary, I just drove one of my enemies into retirement by
    > making a point of talking to him.

    Heh. Yeah, right.

    I know trolls, Mikey, and that's all you are.

    --

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >
    >>Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>>Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once.
    >
    > It's
    >
    >>>too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >>>schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    >
    > take
    >
    >>>applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch
    >
    > of
    >
    >>>the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >
    > caps)
    >
    >>>while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >>
    >>Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    >>degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    >>the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    >>posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    >>a deal?
    >

    > It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and Goslin. But
    > if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed reach
    > the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.

    To be honest, I'm rather planning on turning my posting career around at
    this early stage, and only being accused of stupidity for my opinions,
    rather than for my command of the rules. I expect to be lambasted by all
    and sundry for not liking feats very much, when that comes up in
    conversation, for example.

    --
    "Speaking of valid debates, it seems to me that there's an inverse
    power-to-cleavage ratio among Aes Sedai." - Frank van Schie (r.a.s.w.rj)

    Mere moments before death, No 33 Secretary hastily scrawled:
    >"Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >
    >> "No 33 Secretary" <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >>> Methinks the Lady doth protest too much. Your posts guarantees they will
    >>> post more, not less, thus producing what you _say_ you want to end.
    >>
    >> On the contrary, I just drove one of my enemies into retirement by
    >> making a point of talking to him.
    >>
    >Heh. Yeah, right.
    >
    >I know trolls, Mikey, and that's all you are.

    Takes one to know one. Hey...

    Ed Chauvin IV

    modifier G @ 11.

    --Terry Austin

    "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and Goslin.
    But
    > > if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed
    reach
    > > the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.
    >
    > Wouldn't those be yawning nadirs?

    Hardly. These people are intellectual pigeons, roosting on dunce caps
    worn by "special" Goslin-like droolers.

    -Michael

    Richard Taylor <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote:
    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >> Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    >> too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >> schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    >> applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    >> the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
    >> while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    > degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    > the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    > posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    > a deal?

    You haven't earned it yet. I've seen you change your mind.

    Keith

    Richard Taylor wrote:
    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    >> too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >> schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    >> take
    >> applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the
    >> torch of
    >> the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >> caps)
    >> while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >

    > Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    > degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    > the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    > posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    > a deal?

    HEY TARD! Leave MSB alone. Can't you read? He's on a quest to
    restructure a once mighty corporation!

    copeab@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >> It's
    >>too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >>schedule these days.
    >

    > What with you fighting crime, rescuing kittens, maintaining world
    > peace, etc.

    Hey! I currently hold the title for Kitten Rescues this month, and
    Iv'e got the Vet bill to prove it!

    Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in

    > copeab@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >>> It's
    >>>too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >>>schedule these days.
    >>

    >> What with you fighting crime, rescuing kittens, maintaining world
    >> peace, etc.
    >
    > Hey! I currently hold the title for Kitten Rescues this month, and
    > Iv'e got the Vet bill to prove it!

    I'm pretty sure that Burke is Goslin. Cope may be, as well.

    --
    Terry Austin
    www.hyperbooks.com
    Campaign Cartographer now available

    No 33 Secretary <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> wrote:
    >I'm pretty sure that Burke is Goslin. Cope may be, as well.

    And, of course, they're *all* Ron. As we all are.

    Donald

    Behold! for Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> spake unto the multitude
    thus:

    >Join the club, man. I try and I try to bait MSB, but it only works
    >sometimes. Try asking him about lycanthropes and alignment or something.

    The balance of multiclassed spellcasters is good too.

    On the subject of epic-level stupidity, Burke hasn't been seen for
    absolutely ages.

    --
    Jim or Sarah Davies, but probably Jim

    D&D and Star Fleet Battles stuff on http://www.aaargh.org

    Richard Taylor wrote:

    > I don't see anything as fundamentally wrong with them, god forbid. 3.x
    > is a very playable system right out of the box, so I wouldn't say that.
    > They just don't suit my style. I think that 3.x without feats is more
    > like the D&D that I know.

    Indeed, if for no other reason than that fighters can't compete with wizards
    past level 5.

    --
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

    Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
    leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
    and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
    danger. It works the same in any country.

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
    > while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Who will step to the plate?
    >
    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?

    I'm sorry Michael, but no one can replace you. You'll just have to
    give up those unimportant things that are taking up all your time on
    your schedule (CoH), and come back to your true calling of beating
    sense into all the lowly tards (not excluding myself) that infect our
    newsgroup.

    - Justisaur

    > You can put together some genuinely sick characters (human fighters
    > especially) by level 4, far more so than is possible in their absence.

    <raises hand> That's the *point* of them, sir. Or did you miss the memo
    that explains how Feats are the mechanic by which excesses of fighting skill
    are implemented in D&D?

    > They just don't suit my style. I think that 3.x without feats is more
    > like the D&D that I know.

    Ie; one with completely generic fighters without any combat capability.

    -Michael

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    > too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    > schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to take
    > applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch of
    > the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all caps)
    > while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >
    > Who will step to the plate?
    >
    > Who will be the steward of truth, wisdom, and JUSTICE?
    >
    > -Michael

    What a tempting offfer... Sadly, I'm not as smart as you are and
    probably even more busy,
    but I'm sure you'll find some takers.

    Richard Taylor wrote:
    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once. It's
    >> too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >> schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    >> take
    >> applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the
    >> torch of
    >> the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >> caps)
    >> while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >

    > Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    > degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    > the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    > posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    > a deal?

    This joke only works when the person making the list is a kook, which
    MSB is not.
    Good try, though.

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >
    >>Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>>Goslin, Zenobia, *and* Cope, all stinking up the newsgroup at once.
    >
    > It's
    >
    >>>too much work to fight off that much moron juice by myself; not with my
    >>>schedule these days. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time to
    >
    > take
    >
    >>>applications for an "honorary MSB" - someone who will take up the torch
    >
    > of
    >
    >>>the flambee and the MY GODS, BUT YOUR STUPIDITY OFFENDS US ALL (in all
    >
    > caps)
    >
    >>>while I continue my corporate rampage.
    >>
    >>Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    >>degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    >>the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    >>posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    >>a deal?
    >

    > It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and Goslin. But
    > if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed reach
    > the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.
    >
    > -Michael

    Or, as Colin Mochrie says, he can scale the heights of Mount Evercrap.

    Richard Taylor wrote:
    > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >
    >> "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

    >> It's

    >> take

    >> of

    >> caps)

    >>> Hey, you missed me! For the last two days, people have, with varying
    >>> degrees of justification, called my posts stupid. I demand my place with
    >>> the others. If it's a seniority thing, then I understand. I'll keep
    >>> posting, and you can put me in the next one, in a few months. Do we have
    >>> a deal?
    >>

    >> It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and Goslin.
    >> But
    >> if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed
    >> reach
    >> the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.
    >>

    > To be honest, I'm rather planning on turning my posting career around at
    > this early stage, and only being accused of stupidity for my opinions,
    > rather than for my command of the rules. I expect to be lambasted by all
    > and sundry for not liking feats very much, when that comes up in
    > conversation, for example.

    Did you migrate over from the GURPS group like some of the other vermin
    Cope drags
    in on his coattails?

    "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

    > You can put together some genuinely sick characters (human fighters
    > especially) by level 4,

    Such as?

    > far more so than is possible in their absence. That's one thing. I don't
    > really play a high-powered game, myself. The other thing is that as a DM
    > there are so damn many to keep track of - splatbooks, Dragon magazine,
    > etc.

    As a DM, there are only as many to keep track of as you allow.

    --
    ^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishment the scroll,
    I am the Master of my fate:
    I am the Captain of my soul.

    "Some Guy" <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote in message
    > copeab@yahoo.com wrote:

    He gets slapped around there, too. However, to give him credit, he *did*
    post a few interesting ideas about ritual magic on the Pyramid newsgroups.

    --

    Malachias Invictus wrote:
    > "Some Guy" <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote in message
    >
    >>copeab@yahoo.com wrote:

    > He gets slapped around there, too. However, to give him credit, he *did*
    > post a few interesting ideas about ritual magic on the Pyramid newsgroups.

    Every cloud has a silver lining....

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    > laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
    > >
    > > Because you don't believe in the concept of "innocent until proven
    > > guilty"?
    >
    > That's a legal concept; it doesn't mean that we, the public, have to give
    > *anyone* the benefit of the doubt.

    I beg to differ.

    > Or do you think O.J. was innocent?

    No. But there was plenty of proof against OJ.

    Let's stick to the MJ case. What do you think the compelling proof was
    against this pitiful, psychotic shell of a man?

    Laszlo

    Malachias Invictus wrote:
    > "Some Guy" <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote in message
    > > copeab@yahoo.com wrote:

    > He gets slapped around there, too.

    Outside of threads that appeared in both .dnd and .gurps, when?

    Brandon

    No 33 Secretary wrote:

    > But then, neither was the prosecutor, so it didn't really matter how
    > cartoonish his witnesses were.

    I didn't bother to follow the trial, but I couldn't avoid it
    all. I was in a Pizzaria one day when the news channel they
    had on was covering the trial.

    The defense had started its case already but the prosecutor
    wanted to bring in new evidence:

    Specifically hearsay evidence
    About what one of Jackson's (still living) sisters had said
    about another case years PRIOR to the alleged abuse in
    this case, even though she is still alive and competent
    and thus could testify herself.
    And the reason they wanted to be allowed to do this legally
    three times over silly thing (out of order testimony,
    hearsay evidence when direct evidence is available,
    testimony about a crime the defendent is not accused of
    at this trial and was never conviced of) was that
    Jackson's defense had "made character an issue".

    God help me please, that's what the reporters and legal
    experts all claimed was going on inside the courtroom.

    If I were the judge I'd have thrown the case out then and
    there. Then fined the prosecutors for the contempt of court
    they have shown by making such a silly request.

    I assume the news coverage got at least one major aspect
    wrong. But wanting hearsay about something said prior to the
    crime about a prior case that IIRC never even made it to
    court by someone not present for EITHER of the alleged crimes
    when direct evidence is available and you have already rested
    is just SO DUMB! What judge could possibly agree? If he did
    agree does anyone think the appealent courts would let it stand?

    Did these prosecutors ever attend law school? Or even civics
    classes? I assume the defense attornies were at least vaguely
    competent, so the outcome struck me as a forgone conclusion
    after that day. I would have been shocked by a conviction.
    I was surprised by how long the deliberations went.

    DougL

    Symbol wrote:
    > Richard Taylor wrote:
    >
    > > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    > >>

    > > Did I say they were a bad thing? Did I? I think I said that I didn't
    > > like them myself. I don't play a high-powered game.
    >
    > If you've simply eliminated feats what have you taken away from all
    > other classes to compensate? Especially Sorcerers.

    IIRC he plays only low level games, not really anything you need to do
    to ballance arcane spellcasters since they are underpowered at low
    levels anyway.

    - Justisaur

    <copeab@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Malachias Invictus wrote:
    >> "Some Guy" <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote in message
    >> > copeab@yahoo.com wrote:

    >> He gets slapped around there, too.
    >
    > Outside of threads that appeared in both .dnd and .gurps, when?

    It was on the Pyramid newsgroups, actually.

    --

    laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote in

    > Christopher Adams wrote:
    >> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Because you don't believe in the concept of "innocent until proven
    >> > guilty"?
    >>
    >> That's a legal concept; it doesn't mean that we, the public, have to
    >> give *anyone* the benefit of the doubt.
    >
    > I beg to differ.
    >
    >> Or do you think O.J. was innocent?
    >
    > No. But there was plenty of proof against OJ.
    >
    > Let's stick to the MJ case. What do you think the compelling proof was
    > against this pitiful, psychotic shell of a man?

    I'm guessing it was the known perjurer witness about to be indicted for
    welfare fraud. But that's only a guess.

    --

    "copeab@yahoo.com" <copeab@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > Malachias Invictus wrote:
    >> "Some Guy" <someguy@thedoor.gov> wrote in message
    >> > copeab@yahoo.com wrote:

    >> He gets slapped around there, too.
    >
    > Outside of threads that appeared in both .dnd and .gurps, when?

    You masturbating with your SomeGuy sock puppet, again?

    --

    Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    > "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >
    >>You can put together some genuinely sick characters (human fighters
    >>especially) by level 4, far more so than is possible in their absence.
    >

    > <raises hand> That's the *point* of them, sir. Or did you miss the memo
    > that explains how Feats are the mechanic by which excesses of fighting skill
    > are implemented in D&D?

    Did I say they were a bad thing? Did I? I think I said that I didn't
    like them myself. I don't play a high-powered game.

    >>They just don't suit my style. I think that 3.x without feats is more
    >>like the D&D that I know.
    >

    > Ie; one with completely generic fighters without any combat capability.

    If that's the way you want to look at it, then I suppose you could.

    Malachias Invictus wrote:
    > "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >

    >>You can put together some genuinely sick characters (human fighters
    >>especially) by level 4,
    >

    > Such as?

    I was hoping someone would ask. I'll write up the latest notion that
    someone related to me for a character concept, and post it as soon as
    I've spoken to that person. I am in awe of the raw power this character
    could possess, and the versatility.

    >>far more so than is possible in their absence. That's one thing. I don't
    >>really play a high-powered game, myself. The other thing is that as a DM
    >>there are so damn many to keep track of - splatbooks, Dragon magazine,
    >>etc.
    >
    > As a DM, there are only as many to keep track of as you allow.

    This is true, and I will acknowledge that.

    Justisaur wrote:

    > Symbol wrote:
    >
    >>Richard Taylor wrote:

    >>>Did I say they were a bad thing? Did I? I think I said that I didn't
    >>>like them myself. I don't play a high-powered game.
    >>
    >>If you've simply eliminated feats what have you taken away from all
    >>other classes to compensate? Especially Sorcerers.
    >

    > IIRC he plays only low level games, not really anything you need to do
    > to ballance arcane spellcasters since they are underpowered at low
    > levels anyway.

    I would dispute that and it certainly isn't true for Fighters without
    any feats. What about Barbarians, Rangers, Paladins, Clerics and Rogues too?

    Some Guy wrote:
    > Richard Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

    >>> It's

    >>> take

    >>> of

    >>> caps)

    >>> It will take years of stupidity for you to rival Cope and
    >>> Goslin. But
    >>> if you keep up with your sloppy command of the facts, you can indeed
    >>> reach
    >>> the pinnacled heights they currently riddle with their feces.
    >>>

    >> To be honest, I'm rather planning on turning my posting career around
    >> at this early stage, and only being accused of stupidity for my
    >> opinions, rather than for my command of the rules. I expect to be
    >> lambasted by all and sundry for not liking feats very much, when that
    >> comes up in conversation, for example.
    >>

    > Did you migrate over from the GURPS group like some of the other vermin
    > Cope drags
    > in on his coattails?

    No. I just never thought to look for a D&D newsgroup until now. I first
    read the group about three months ago, I think. I'm not a GURPS man,
    I've not played it much.

    laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

    > Let's stick to the MJ case. What do you think the compelling proof was
    > against this pitiful, psychotic shell of a man?

    Actually, I don't think the case was strong enough to convict him. I believe
    strongly in proof *beyond* a reasonable doubt.

    However, I do believe that he *does* molest children. My opinion (thankfully)
    has a lower standard of proof than a court of law; I'm not convinced (which
    would basically mean proof beyond a reasonable doubt), but I think it's very
    likely that he has molested children even if it's never been proven in court.

    Just like I think it's very, very likely that O.J. killed Nicole Simpson and Ron
    Goldman.

    --

    Keith Davies wrote:

    > I read that the jury felt that "yes, he's probably done things that are
    > illegal... but *this* charge, they didn't prove him guilty".

    If it were Scotland, we could have had a nice tidy "Not Proven" verdict, which
    would have made some people happy. It means the jury believes he did it but they
    can't say it's so beyond a reasonable doubt.

    --

    "Christopher Adams" <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> wrote in

    > Keith Davies wrote:
    >>
    >> I read that the jury felt that "yes, he's probably done things that
    >> are illegal... but *this* charge, they didn't prove him guilty".
    >
    > If it were Scotland, we could have had a nice tidy "Not Proven"
    > verdict, which would have made some people happy. It means the jury
    > believes he did it but they can't say it's so beyond a reasonable
    > doubt.

    That's precisely what "not guilty" means, son. The defense has nothing to
    prove whatsoever in the US. IIRC, in Scotland, there's also a verdict of
    "innocent" available to the jury, in which the defense _has_ proven
    innocence beyond a reasonable doubt. That is also available in the US; it's
    called "factual innocence." Only difference is that you get it from the
    judge, seperate from the jury verdict.

    --

    Symbol wrote:
    > Richard Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Richard Taylor" <soluzar@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

    >>> <raises hand> That's the *point* of them, sir. Or did you miss
    >>> the memo
    >>> that explains how Feats are the mechanic by which excesses of
    >>> fighting skill
    >>> are implemented in D&D?
    >>

    >> Did I say they were a bad thing? Did I? I think I said that I didn't
    >> like them myself. I don't play a high-powered game.
    >

    > If you've simply eliminated feats what have you taken away from all
    > other classes to compensate? Especially Sorcerers.

    No, I haven't eliminated them, not in any way... I've just been forced
    to deal with the concept, and move on.

    Symbol wrote:
    > Justisaur wrote:
    >

    >> Symbol wrote:

    >>> If you've simply eliminated feats what have you taken away from all
    >>> other classes to compensate? Especially Sorcerers.
    >>

    >> IIRC he plays only low level games, not really anything you need to do
    >> to ballance arcane spellcasters since they are underpowered at low
    >> levels anyway.
    >

    > I would dispute that and it certainly isn't true for Fighters without
    > any feats. What about Barbarians, Rangers, Paladins, Clerics and Rogues
    > too?

    It would be madness to remove feats without rebalancing the system. I
    don't like the concept, or the execution, but I'd be a bloody fool to
    remove them, because then what I was playing wouldn't be 3e D&D anymore.

Video Games