Did anyone noticed Raystonn at Hot Hardware

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/Motherboards/abitth7iidrcg.shtml" target="_new">http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/Motherboards/abitth7iidrcg.shtml</A>

Modding the TH7II-RAID for PC1066, or close to it
A "Tweaker's" Socket 478 Dream

Standard Disclaimer:

So, while we're waiting we thought we would show you a few tricks that just might get you in that PC1066 ballpark with your current gear! Now, I'll add in our general disclaimer here. This modification is certainly NOT for the novice. As a matter of fact, we had a very skilled PCB re-work technician help do the de-soldering and soldering on this project. Her work was impeccable and we would have never attempted this modification without her assistance. So in short, if you try this you are totally on your own. It can be done very easily with the help of someone very experienced with a soldering iron and solder wick. However, you can also toast your board up relatively easy as well, if you don't know what you are doing. Oh and guess what? This procedure totally and completely voids any trace of warranty you may have on your mother board. Go figure eh?

<font color=red>Alrighty then, first we would like to acknowledge one of our very important sources of information, that being a gentleman that goes by the nick of <font color=blue>"Raystonn"</font color=blue> over at the Vapochill Support Forum. The folks over there have Pentium 4's overclocking to 3GHz at PC1066, all day long. Very good info can be found there on this subject.</font color=red>
w00t gogo Raystonn

I invented ctrl-alt-del but Bill [Gates] made it famous - Dave Bradley IBM PC designer

sir_jakontil

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
yeah i just read the article today!!!
GO GO GO RAYSTONN u did pretty a good job for everyone!!!

AMD is good, but Intel is more fun

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'm not sure about that. I know my board came with different DRCG's than most (I still haven't remembered to write down what they are, I forget), but I don't think they're on par with the ones in that article, either.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

cutepunk

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I noticed that too... I learned a lot about DRCGs, PC1066 and Pentium4s from him in general..way to go Ray..

to Raystonn:
Did you get any new info on the AGP/PCI clock-fixing BIOS for Asus P4T-E yet? I noticed you at some other board on that one.... :)

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hmm...? A locking BIOS for the P4T-E? That would be interesting, first I've heard of it.
BTW, what other forum? (I'd suspect HardOCP)

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Very impressive.

Putting like that, made me understand without having to read it a second time. :smile:

A few posts like that, and I'll be buying a P4 myself.

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>

TRENDING THREADS