Sign in with
Your question

What's going on?

Last response: in CPUs
April 9, 2002 4:00:39 PM

Why are AMD and ATI falling back on product releases this past month? Come on! I want competition!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

More about : question

April 9, 2002 5:38:45 PM

ATI falling back on product releases? It was how long between the original Radeon and the 8500? They've always had slow releases.
Don't forget they recently started their 128MB cards too.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 9, 2002 6:24:08 PM

I would rather see a slow down in their releases than an inferior or unfinished product rushed to market.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.
Related resources
April 9, 2002 8:04:45 PM

So what? I want the RV250 and the R300! I want the T-Bred to come out too!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
April 9, 2002 8:07:00 PM

Good point there. If AMD has trouble with 0.13m and are arranging it, so be it. It's better than rushing out an unfinished 0.13m Tbred that has overclocking problems.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!
April 9, 2002 9:13:53 PM

My point is that Ati isn't slowing down their releases unless they actually...well, slow down their releases.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 9, 2002 10:24:25 PM

I know what you mean. There seemed to be a time when ATI and AMD were releasing stuff like every second day, but it has been a while since and Nvidia and Intel have been pumping out the stuff unabated for a while now. I gotta say, too bad ATi's RV250 is not gonna be good enough for me :frown: .
April 10, 2002 1:14:24 AM

Ati really doesn't need to right now. The R8500 is relatively stil competative to every card from the Gf256 to the Gf3 ti500. The only hurdle they need to cros (with the r250 or r300) would be the Gf4 series. battle has commenced!

"When there's a will, there's a way."
April 10, 2002 1:16:57 AM

Quote:
Good point there. If AMD has trouble with 0.13m and are arranging it, so be it. It's better than rushing out an unfinished 0.13m Tbred that has overclocking problems.

If texas techie is to be believed, they are not having problems with the .13 micron process, just the shrink of the xp, the hammer seems to be on schedule.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
April 10, 2002 1:39:16 AM

Funny though how Fugger thinks the Tbred sucks at OCing by providing links. Then maybe he should explain the XP2800 chip AMD had at CeBIT!!!

--
April 10, 2002 4:13:26 AM

Interesting...I checked here, Anandtech and even AMDZone and didn't see anything about a 2800+. Do you remember where you saw that?

April 10, 2002 4:15:48 AM

Quote:
Interesting...I checked here, Anandtech and even AMDZone and didn't see anything about a 2800+. Do you remember where you saw that?

I remember the link too, believe it or not IIRC it was on thg news(the blurbs on the right side).

I do recall the 2800 link, and did use it in our discussions about % overclocking.

remember burger, where I mistook one of your challenges and said they already had a 2800+(2.2ghz) thusly I won.

April 10, 2002 6:27:50 AM

One thing about Fugger. He a troll which dont know anything about computers.
April 10, 2002 7:41:44 AM

Actually one problem wth Fugger is that somethimes he does come out with valid and constructive points, unfortunately he all to often has his combat hat on, rather than his constructive one, at which point he does shoot himself in the foot.

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu
April 10, 2002 11:41:28 AM

Agreed.

--
April 10, 2002 3:38:24 PM

Fugger has shown time and again that he knows what the hell he's talking about. But, like said, he came here and stays here for the wrong reason.

April 11, 2002 12:38:48 AM

I reather listen to some one that tells the truth All the time then some one that Lie about how fast his computer is. I know you seen it.
April 11, 2002 12:48:34 AM

"I reather listen to some one that tells the truth All the time then some one that Lie about how fast his computer is. I know you seen it."

Smell my finger, yep its your mom.

I never said my computer was fast, it just whips the crap out of yours.

I have the highest overclocked CPU on this forum, you attack me instead of disproving what I post. A true Lemming at heart you are. bravo!

Proving once again that <A HREF="http://www.zombo.com" target="_new">anything is possible</A>.
April 11, 2002 12:52:59 AM

With the likes of Matisaro creeping around, I gotta keep my combat hat on and combat boots clean of fecal matter.

Proving once again that <A HREF="http://www.zombo.com" target="_new">anything is possible</A>.
April 11, 2002 1:05:28 AM

Call me a liar, jump up and down as it will help the situation. better yet, wait till june so you know wtf your talking about.

April 11, 2002 3:50:26 AM

Thanks, just a picture of it sitting there (not running), but it's there.

April 11, 2002 6:41:08 AM

Quote:
With the likes of Matisaro creeping around, I gotta keep my combat hat on and combat boots clean of fecal matter.

You know fugger, kelledin has punked your bitch ass more times than me by far, and yet I am the only one who you mention, perhaps the memory of me catching you in several lies and REAMING your troll ass about it still stings fresh.

April 11, 2002 11:52:08 AM

Ahhhh sweet revenge...

--
April 11, 2002 5:17:27 PM

Once again more garbage spews out and Eden is right there to clean it up.

Beat my posted scores punk, untill then your wasting bandwidth trying to discredit me.

Kelledin hasnt "punked" anyone, I do not see him trying to discredit and belittle people on every thread like you do. You going thru some kind of retard power trip here.

Its funny watching you get knocked off your high horse and Eden helps you right back on.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.
April 11, 2002 5:51:37 PM

Quote:
Beat my posted scores punk, untill then your wasting bandwidth trying to discredit me.

Beating your scores has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Your claim was never met, even though you say it was.

April 11, 2002 5:57:31 PM

Quote:
Kelledin hasnt "punked" anyone, I do not see him trying to discredit and belittle people on every thread like you do. You going thru some kind of retard power trip here.

The only people I try to belittle and discredit is you and meltdown, and as fatburger said, you never met oyur claims and you are a liar, have a nice day.

April 11, 2002 7:26:06 PM

Proving or disproving anything about the tbread will happen when it finaly is released. Anything up untill then is simply speculation.

I don't think anyone outside of the engineers who sampled it thought the Northwood would be able to be pushed as far as it has. Will that same success spill over to the Tbread? Or is the P4 speed architecture allow for it to keep stability at higher speeds and allow this? We'll see in a bit.

The Windows Gods demand money to appease the BSOD! - Rev. Bill Gates
April 11, 2002 7:48:01 PM

Oh so I back him up for saying the truth? Ok I won't, instead when FatBurger, or Kelledin, or Bront tries to discredit you, I will back them up, to see where you're going with this. Nobody so far beleives you Fugger, to an extent we don't want to hear about it anymore, so do yourself a favor, go away little troll.

--
April 11, 2002 11:26:55 PM

I met my claims, sucks that you choose not to believe the scores I posted then nor acnkowledge the screen shots posted. Your all wrapped in Matisaro's little hype that my scores were faked.

Beating my scores has everything to do with it, he is clueless to what even makes the score let alone call someone a liar when they themselves cannot achieve a like score themselves.

I posted ~7500 way back when. why would I lie? was it worth it over a few points? was it worth riding my ass like a total moron? Just goes to show how lame you guys really are.

Whhaaaaa you cannot score 7500 points, whhaaaaa.

Im sure I was part of your decision to get a 1.6a Fatburger, so go figure.

Time to go clean my boots, Eden chimed in like clockwork.

April 11, 2002 11:35:41 PM

True bront, the samples are close to what will be released but we cannot say for sure what the speed grades will be on release.

At least one sample made its way to Sampsa to play with. And I do believe that he is one of the best overclockers in the world.

April 11, 2002 11:35:42 PM

Quote:
Im sure I was part of your decision to get a 1.6a Fatburger, so go figure.

You weren't actually.

And I've never said your scores were fake, I don't think they are. However, you never met the criteria you placed on the scores. I don't think I need to remind you what those were.

Again, anyone beating your score has nothing to do with whether you can get ~7500 with what you claimed you could do it with (7500 seems so much lower now than it did then, doesn't it?)

Quote:
Whhaaaaa you cannot score 7500 points, whhaaaaa.

I'm sure I could, once my 8500 gets back. But that has nothing to do with anything.

April 11, 2002 11:42:36 PM

Im sure you were, as your machine nearly matches mine exactly.

I did not place any criteria on how I could achieve ~7500, that was all matisaro trying to make me jump thru hoops like he does to you.

I said ~7500 and very easily copped out to non-default 640x480 16 bit.

April 12, 2002 4:21:29 AM

Quote:

Im sure you were, as your machine nearly matches mine exactly.

LOL. Fugger knows all. So does that make Fatburger a lemming???

<font color=green>"No Thoroughbred for you! Come back, 2 weeks."</font color=green>
April 12, 2002 9:13:46 AM

Quote:
I said ~7500 and very easily copped out to non-default 640x480 16 bit.

You said default(10x7x32) with a stock gf3 liar, lol, pathetic.

April 12, 2002 4:33:48 PM

Quote:
So does that make Fatburger a lemming???

I'm apparently missing the joke here :eek: 

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 12, 2002 4:45:31 PM

>I posted ~7500 way back when. why would I lie? was it
>worth it over a few points? was it worth riding my ass
>like a total moron?

Apparently it was worth frying a (back then) quite expensive GF3 card.

>Just goes to show how lame you guys
>really are.

Sure thing.. At least I (we) didnt spend 2 days stripping down my windows installation, messing up my bios, removing every non essential hardware, and didnt fry an expensive vid card and even then fail to prove a statement. Get a life Fugger.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 12, 2002 4:58:30 PM

>Beat my posted scores punk, untill then your wasting
>bandwidth trying to discredit me.

As if achieving high 3D mark scores gives anyone any credit. pffff. Its more a tribute to your stupidity, as I seem to recall you're not even a gamer..

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
April 12, 2002 8:00:51 PM

Did that guy get 7500 pts with 640*480???
If so, then he must have one cheap ass system... That's a score on 1024*768 that can be achieved!

--
April 12, 2002 8:14:40 PM

Ahh yes, you registered after all of this. The thread is in the graphics section, just look for a thread about 3DMark2001 and prepare to spend some time reading.

April 12, 2002 10:07:48 PM

Quote:
Did that guy get 7500 pts with 640*480???
If so, then he must have one cheap ass system... That's a score on 1024*768 that can be achieved!

Long story short.

Fugger said he got 7500 pts on the default test with a gf3 pure on a 1.7ghz p4(IIRC) with det 3 drivers with no overclock to the videocard.

He is a liar, he then amended his claims to say his videocard was overclocked to 215/500(or something) which was STILL to low to achieve that score on that setup.(det 3 drivers)

Then he FINALLY posted a 7500 score HOWEVER HE HAD SWAPPED OUT HIS PROCESSOR TO A 2GHZ P4 AND MASSIVLY OVERCLOCKED HIS GF3.

And he has yet to realize he is a liar and thinks that everyone is trying to compare their pc dicks to his, which is why fugger is a moron liar and is known as such today.

April 12, 2002 10:13:25 PM

In the days when a 10 000+ score is possible with an AXP 2000+ or P4 2GHz and an R8500 or GF4Ti, who cares about that ancient news.

April 12, 2002 10:20:16 PM

Apparently fugger, cause he keeps whining about it and he hates me because I schooled his lying ass.

I personaly could care less, everytime fugger brings it up he makes himself look bad hes a laughingstock.

April 12, 2002 10:39:37 PM

No one really cares but Matisaro, as he is still being bitch slapped for it. This in Matisaro's mind in a pure win for AMD fans around the world as he has proven without a doubt that I lie no matter what it is. I guess I will stop this lie right now. damnit I lied again. or was that a lie too? Im mixed up now gg.

According to Kelledin this is all made up, I never owned a P4 or a GF3 and that thead doesnt exist. none of this exists and I am not typing anything. so dont let me cloud your mind with stuff I make up because its all FFF.

What makes this even more funny is that Matisaro had no clue what hardware I own when this started. He just opened up a can of whoop ass on himself calling me a liar over something very stupid. He still cannot live it down, as he will have to defend his stance at any cost. Good thing he has backups like Eden because Eden helps his cause immensely.

Weather I had a 1.5Ghz that overclocked to 1.8Ghz or I used a 1.8Ghz that overclocked to 2.1Ghz they are still my machines and you cramped about it.

Matisaro will pick at any angle just to be a dick, some people call it being anal but anal is too good for what Matisaro has become. You see it in every reply on this topic as he is bent on proving that I am a liar and this said lie constitutes in unequivocal damnation from this forum and to be shunned by my peers.

April 12, 2002 10:49:38 PM

lol, both of you guys need to cool down. Leave the past in the past (unless one of you has created an artifical wormhole to about 8 months in the past and didn't tell me), and start over.

April 12, 2002 11:54:27 PM

lol

Fugger I got 7500 3dmarks
Someone: whats your system
Fugger: a 1.5p4@1.8 and a gf3 at stock
Matisaro: prove the claim dude, thats impossible at stock
FUGGER: screenshot(prolly at 640x480 no confirmation)
Matisaro: lol, pathetic liar
Fugger: whoops the video card was actually overclocked
Matisaro: whatever even so scores still not possible
Everyone: fugger you liar, prove your claim
Fugger: give me some time I fried my gf3 trying to oc it higher
everyone: LOL loser
FUgger: I posted a score online, 7500
Matisaro: this shows a 2.1ghz p4 , you claimed it was a 1.8ghz p4, looks like you are truely a liar, if you can BARELY get 7500 with a 2.1ghz p4, how do you expect us to believe you got 7500 with a 1.8 and the same videocard.
FUgger: STFU BEAT MY SCORE ZEALOT
amd_meltdown: I love you fugger, so jucy and tight inside me
everyone: ugh

Conclusion~ FUGGER is teh liar~! Matisaro is teh winner!

I dont bring it up unless fugnut does first, and I always keep it to one post, if this [-peep-] is so ignorant to keep bringing that thread up then he deserves to be flamed.

April 13, 2002 1:09:21 AM

LOL!! I got a good laugh off this one! Man Mat, you sure know how to spice the stories!

Just for the record for whiny fuggy, I have in several occasions disagreed and went against Matisaro, but not on high occasions, but nevertheless fugger thinks I am your backup in everything, which is utterly false.

--
April 13, 2002 3:27:27 AM

"I dont bring it up unless fugnut does first, and I always keep it to one post, if this [-peep-] is so ignorant to keep bringing that thread up then he deserves to be flamed."

Total BS, you have stepped into many threads spewing your crap without provocation.

You sure dont know when to give it up, you will never win.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">Recent Matisaro spewing crap</A> I was trying to help the guy and you pull that BS. no [-peep-] wonder why I would break your neck given the chance.

I guess that makes you a liar.

Just appologize and that will be the end of it.

April 13, 2002 3:33:52 AM

Eden I would go off on you more but your a minor and I have some sympathy for you. Maybe one day when you grow up you will understand.

You sure do a swell job sucking up to Matisaro, "LOL!! I got a good laugh off this one! Man Mat," Yea that was almost pee my pants funny.

!