nbo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sometimes before I forogt when. I saw a pics somewhere on the net that somebody using a AMD proccessor to pan fried an egg on top of it. Does anyone have pics and know where is the website .. tons of thanks

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Ahhh, i remember that, it was funny. Here you go:
<A HREF="http://www.tekforums.co.uk/posts.php?threadId=8414" target="_new">http://www.tekforums.co.uk/posts.php?threadId=8414</A>

It was posted here before so if you did a search you would have found it here at this <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">thread</A>.

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

eden

Champion
Please don't say Fried AMD CPU, it just reeks of a moron user who didn't know how to handle a Heatsink fan, so maybe you should change that to frying eggs on AMD CPUs!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
well some people say the only thing AMD is better (than Intel) at is it can be used to fry egg (and bacon.)

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hmm...you could easily push a P4 more than high enough to cook an egg, and the IHS would even give more even heat transfer. I'd definitely say the P4 would be a better egg fryer, maybe I should try it sometime.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
hm that could save some of my gas bill. (more than half of my income spent on home, electricity, gas, etc.)

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Watch that hole in the P4, don't want to lose all that egg white.

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Please don't say Fried AMD CPU, it just reeks of a moron user who didn't know how to handle a Heatsink fan, so maybe you should change that to frying eggs on AMD CPUs!
holy [peep]! now you want to censor ppl too?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

FatBurger

Illustrious
Nah, you've gotta put some sort of small frying pan on there anyway, to hold the egg.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

maleficus

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2001
First, you need less than 60° celcius to frie an egg.
Second, Trubador (the guy who fried the egg), says he didnt know the temperature at that time, but it never passed the 80°, because the system was configured to shutdown at that temp.
This shows how even without cooling, Xps can handle temperature, not going too high, and not melting down or anything.
This is also a contribution that makes us wonder if the "cpu cooling video" is fake.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by maleficus on 04/11/02 06:21 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeup, exactly. Mmm...breakfast and games at the same time. What a great combination.

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"This is also a contribution that makes us wonder if the "cpu cooling video" is fake."

You are truly a moron. Ya they only posted it because it was fake.

Folks watch out for this guy he will make amdmeltdown look like a genus.

Oh by the way hows you clan doing?

Jeff

G

>I'd definitely say the P4 would be a better egg fryer,
>maybe I should try it sometime

At what temp does thermal throtteling kick in ? Its no good trying to cook an egg at 30°C..

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =