1. What is your budget?
600$, preferably less. Might change if it's a really really great deal.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Fairly large. I would like a good standard sized keyboard layout including standard numpad layout with well sized keys that are easy to hit.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
17" or more and preferably HD.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Maybe desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
More than 2 hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, but at least reasonably good with games. TF2&L4D2 (max setting)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Programming, compiling, photoshop. Have at least 5 heavy resource using programs (cpu/ram) open and not lag.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Best deal sites?
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years, preferably more.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD burner is good enough
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't know any good brands, but preferably you can format the laptop
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm planning to tether a cellphone to my laptop so I can get internet anywhere. And I prefer having a touchpad with a scroll bar. Also I would love to have some nice speakers built in that have good quality and loudness.