Sign in with
Your question

Applying for Call Center Representative Position

Last response: in Business Computing
June 2, 2012 9:03:33 PM

I am currently writing a resume for this Call Center Representative position. I am on the Skills/Knowledge section and this is what I have come up with so far.

*Average 90 WPM (According to www.typeonline.co.uk)
*Knowledge of Windows Vista, 7, XP, Android, and other operating systems,
*Experience monitoring Network activity including the number of Processes, Applications, Security, Inbound and Outbound calls, Anti-Virus and Anti-Malaware/Spyware removal, Troubleshooting Error Messages via Telephone or Command Prompt.
*Ability to effectivelly and politely communicate technical information to end users,
*Ability to create and restore backups of vital information via extral harddrives or DVDROMs,
*Maintaining a clean and organized workspace and desktop,
*Ability to use WORK TICKET Software such as XYZ((((((This is where I need your help, I am about to view some youtube videos on various software to get familiar with it, thenafter I plan to download it and toy around before I decide to put it on the application)

Any recommendations on which software I should take a look at?

Also, what else should one put on this resume to land the gig?

Thanks guys and gals! :bounce: 
June 2, 2012 9:14:41 PM

I mean no offense, but a trained monkey can work in a call center. A bunch of my friends took summer jobs at a Verizon call center every summer when we were in high school, and not one of them knew anything at all about computers.

They're going to put you through a couple weeks of training which will teach you everything you need to know. Actual skill with computers is unnecessary. Call centers typically have very high turnover, so they'll hire just about anyone who puts in a resume.
June 2, 2012 9:17:18 PM

Thanks for the kind words, really gave me a shot of encouragement. (Serious)

!