Lian Li Releases PC-V351 HTPC Chasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
w...what, its a box..

Ahh I suppose its a matter of personal preference. Personally I love my A43 Situat 6P Xi Turnover 63B7N double X T-Bird Case made by Thermasutek.. Yup, It has 1 Fan thats 30mm big, no room for cable management, no drive bays, and cost me $349.99 because its made out of carpet.. let me tell you, the static problem, pff, only 1-2 shocks a day, not bad at all.

Anywho... Neat case, Don't see myself using it lol, little red box, i've got myself a Vento 3600

G

That will fit nicely under the TV in the entertainment center...

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Like the other poster said, "w...what, its a box.." I don't get Lian Li sometimes, could they actually make a slim case for HTPC?

aapocketz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
This would be great if I had a Lego® themed home theater.

I use a quite small but conventional ATX tower computer in my home theater. The HTPC, projector and soundsystem are really the center of my home theater, I don't have any game consoles or cable/DVR boxes, or any other clutter really, very simple. A larger computer case allows you to add more components while still being incredibly quiet. I could even hide the case in the closet if I didn't want to look at it, but I don't mind it at all and its easy access to the blu-ray drive.

TheFace

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
The red box in the picture does this case injustice. If it were black or silver it would fit in better as an HTPC. However, it is still just a box...

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
So much for a 'less is more' case, which generally tend to blend in well with other HT components. That thing is huge and UG-LY.

G

its just for cool factor, people are for sure gonna ask wtf is that red box and then u can show off your htpc.

bmuell

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I built a kitchen pc for my parents with a Lian-Li htpc case that is pretty much identical in shape to this, and they love it. It's actually quite roomy inside, but about 1/2 the size of a regular ATX tower. I imagine they've made some improvements on this design as well. Lian-Li is always the best quality.

G

Get over the bloody color (pun intended)! It also comes in Black and Silver (sorry but DUH!). I have the original PC-V300b (b for Black). What is nice about it is the wider width. "How can that be?!?" you ask. My answer is simply airflow, which allows more powerful components to be placed in it.
No, not for HT, I don't care so much about that myself. I'm a gamer, but I'm going to mod my PC-V300b for my wife, who's not a gamer nor into HT. She's suffering w/my old towercase with a single core Athlon 64. I'm going to move the powersupply over the top of the card(s) and remove the drive cage. This will allow me to put a decent sized heatsink inside the case for a Q9550. It's going to be tricky because I want to provide support to the inside end of the modular powersupply. The HDD cage is riveted to the drive bay cage, so I'll have to make a piece that will do the job. I'll also put in one dvd burner in the top 5.25" bay, one 3.5" HDD in the other 5.25" bay and a floppy drive in the 3.5" bay (which has been removed from the V350 and V351 models). At this point, the soundcard may be the only card in the box.
Back to topic ;) They have made the case taller and slightly deeper. They've added more sound proofing and such. They listened to people who have full length cards that wouldn't fit without cutting a notch the 3.5" bay. They're listening, but they've a ways to go to make this thing really rock. Like making the powersupply and drive cage's modular so you could put them on either side in the back. Make a 3.5" drive bay that can be optionally installed on either side. Make the external media jacks so it can be mounted on either side. Then my friends you all may change your 'tune' about this box.

Status
Not open for further replies.