To Eden: about your temperature comparison

castle

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
Hot on CPU surface doesnot equal to hot in the core! And obviously the latter is more crucial.
Willy with 58C outside could have a 70C core; Athlon with 43C outside could have a 90C core. Heat dissipation is all that matters. Judging by temp on thermo probe is just a myth.

eden

Champion
I am not sure I get what you wanted me to understand here. My point was, to prove to Meltdown he has yet to know what the heck he's talking about. Everyone knew and still knows, the Willamette was a very hot processor, yet Melty puts this link where it clearly states a Willy 1.7GHZ ran 58º at FULL LOAD. My system, at full load goes up to 47º and I assume it is MAX. I am aware of inside temps, but whatever it is, Meltdown's attempt was useless, and I personally know I shouldn't have challenged that idiot, took me down in maturity...

Wow felt wierd to see my name on the forum topic list!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, my maximum load temp is 42C. Hmm, let's see: low-noise, low temp, AMD, and overclocked....hmm, am I doing something wrong?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

eden

Champion
Nope, you've continued to prove even further that Meltdown's one big fat liar! If Fatty will also rebutt on you, I really am gonna start losing faith in him, he's really been taking much of pro-Intel users' sides these days, I prefered neutral FatBurger!

EDIT: Wow, if at that temp you consider the HSF low noise, man your old one must really have broken your ears! At this temp with 30º average case temp, it gets a bit noisy, not a lot. When it reaches 35º or hot 46º LOAD, it gets noisy. Thanks to case fans, it helps isolate the high noise!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 04/11/02 11:01 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'm actually at 3000RPM most of the time. I rarely get to the rather noisy 4000RPM unless I've been playing a game for over 30 min or so and after I close the game it quickly slows down again.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Hmm, my maximum load temp is 42C. Hmm, let's see: low-noise, low temp, AMD, and overclocked....hmm, am I doing something wrong
you live in canada...j/k... :wink:
well...actually...thats kinda true...the way i see it...canada is a much colder country than the US...so you guys will have a cooler ambient temps....but i guess that doesnt matter cuz you guys also have an aplliance called a heater...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
i have a AthlonXP 1900+ running at normal speed, one case fan blowing out at the back, + a 7500rpm CPU fan with pure copper heat sink

the CPU idles at 46 and goes up to 55 on full load.

this is with the side of the case off, with the case done up it rises to 55 idle!

how do you get such low temps? is it my case's fault? (it was cheap (£30)

FatBurger

Illustrious
However, both the Athlon XP and the Pentium 4 have internal thermal probes to monitor temps. This now becomes a non-issue, assuming you're using accurate software to monitor the temps.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, I have a cheap generic case too. But I have 2 low-speed Sunon case fans and a Volcano 7 on the CPU and an Enermax Whisper 430W.

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
mmm, well if i add a front fan blowing IN then our set ups would be near enough identical...yet still i'm sure my temps are going to be higher....when i play games AND have the case closed i can sometimes lock up because of hi-temp.

i want the case closed because the huge 7500rpm fan (it's a Coolermaster HC002 or something) makes a lot of noise and the case closed is that bit quieter.