2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any, so long as it's portable
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Uh, 1280x1024 minimum?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Anything is fine.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Assassin's Creed, CoD MW, Dragon Age II, Starcraft II and other upcoming games at any setting, so long as the FPS is smooth.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Minor video editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None in mind.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years. 4 is possible though.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD, do not need Blu-ray.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No brands in particular.
13. What country do you live in?
California, USA. Important, because state laws charge me a 9% tax on Newegg.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Okay, I have a 1200 budget, but I would really like to cut it down as much as possible. If I could get a few options at different price ranges with some significant cons listed for the lower priced ones, I'd appreciate it.
ASUS ROG G53Sw-XR1 Laptop Computer Black
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM
640GB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
15.6" Full HD LED-backlit Display
SuperMulti DVD Drive
8-in-1 Media Card Reader
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M 1.5GB dedicated
I've played with the display model in the store, and it's a fast machine that looks good, and from all the reviews I've read, keeps cool even while gaming (notice the huge vents in the back). It has the HD screen at 1920x1080.