Windows 7 installation, SYSPRP capisp.dll error

Smokey9999

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
So I've been trying to figure this out for some time now and tried many solutions but didn't work.

Anyways during the installation of windows 7 I will get an error saying "Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer's hardware", I tried resetting BIOS information and a few other things like deleting the partition and reinstalling windows. And checked if it was a RAID problem but I don't think it is, since I followed these directions from this website support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753 and found these errors in setuperr.log instead:

-----------

2013-02-24 18:56:25, Error [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll:Failure occured while executing
'C:\windows\system32\capisp.dll,CryptosysPrep_Specialize', returned error code 5[gle=0x000003e5]

2013-02-24 18:56:25, Error [0x060435] IBS Callback_Specialize: An error occurred while
either deciding if we need to specialize or while specializing; dwret = 0x5

----------

So would anyone know what the problem could be and how I could fix it?

Thanks.

Smokey9999

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I'm pretty sure I am installing normally, I burned the Windows 7 .iso to a cd and booted the CD from restarting the computer and getting rid of my old operating system (xp), Custom Install. So I'm not sure why it's pointing to the sysprep, unless the way I'm downloading it is wrong?

I'll try the memory test when I get home. If it was working when I had xp wouldn't it work with windows 7?

Also Note:
I ran the Windows 7 adviser and said everything was good except for my ram is low and graphics doesn't support the Aero thing, but I read you can run windows 7 with 512mb ram (Not going to keep it like this though) and for the graphics I believe you just won't have the glassy look.

Smokey9999

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Sorry for taking so long to reply, been busy with school.

So I ran memtest86 and everything passed.

Specs I could find,
CPU: Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz with HT Technology
RAM: DDR 400 512Mb PC3200

Another Problem can't get Windows XP to install anymore, so not exactly sure if there's a way to get all specs without actually going on windows?

Anyways the problem with XP, it gets stuck on the black screen after the very first restart on the installation. My fault though, since I had two different partitions and I tried installing XP on one of them while the other one didn't even finish installing Windows 7 (due to the error). (so might of got screwed up on what to load up?) Yes probably not the smartest thing to do, was tired and wasn't thinking.

Anyways the windows 7 had the same error before that so that's not the cause of it.

winoutreach5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I just want to clarify the process you are going through in order to help you narrow down what is causing the Sysprep error you are receiving.

Sysprep is a command used most commonly in imaging and deployment scenarios so being that you are experiencing a sysprep error while installing Windows 7, I have to wonder what image you are using. If it was a captured image from a reference machine, you might want to attempt to recapture the image and then re-install / re-deploy.

More resources regarding installing, imaging and deploying Windows 7 can be found from the Springboard Series for Windows 7 page from TechNet.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Smokey9999

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I redownload the .iso file from the website again and reburned/reinstalled the cd and still got the same error.

My school allows us to get free software from Microsoft Dreamspark, and that's where I got the image from. I'll send them a message asking if they know the problem.

Thanks