Sign in with
Your question

Weird Computer Freezing

Last response: in Windows 7
February 25, 2013 5:14:23 PM

Hi guys. I have had freezing problems since i got my computer. And now i think its time to fix it. My computer usually freezes randomly. Sometimes the screen freezes and Ctrl+Alt+Delete dosent work. No commands or hotkeys works. Sometimes to computer freezes and the screen gets all messed up. Purple and green lines. I have downloaded all new drivers and that. A couple of days ago the computer worked fine without any freezes playing new games and stuff. It worked for about 2-3 days. Then it started to freeze again. I have reinstalled Windows. I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64. This day the computer have started to freeze when it says "Starting Windows" sometimes. I have cleaned my registry with CrapCleaner (CCleaner). Please help me guys!

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 956 Processor 3.41 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5850
RAM: 8.00GB
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E
a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2013 7:53:20 PM

It looks like the GPU problem, do you have other spare card to try?
February 26, 2013 12:14:45 PM

cin19 said:
It looks like the GPU problem, do you have other spare card to try?

I have tried the grapichs card that followed the motherboard but the same issue
Related resources
February 26, 2013 12:25:13 PM

Quote:
Computer freezes is usually related to hardware, meaning the video card, random access memory (RAM), or another component may be underperforming. Software can also lead to a frozen computer, as can issues with drivers, the operating system, and malware; A virus or spyware infection on your computer might also be the source of freeze issues.all these things can stop a computer from working properly.

1.If the freeze happens every time a certain hardware device is plugged in or switched on, the device itself might be to blame. Check drivers update for the device, and download and install them to erase any bugs that might exist in your version. Similarly, if the freeze only happens when using one particular application, that program might also be the root cause.

2.Run the System Restore utility from the System Tools section of the Accessories folder on the Start menu to roll back Windows to a previous version of the registry. This will fix prior registry issues without affecting personal files and settings.

3.If your computer still keeps freezing up after you take the solutions above, I suggest you to download a software to deal with it. The choice is sure to be more effective and simple, but there are few free utilities for this issue. Windows Boot Genius is a excellent one if you wanna take this solution.

Source: http://www.******/fix-windows/computer-freezes.html

I have cleaned my hard drive with diffirent anti virus programs. I have done a system restore and i think it actually just made it worse. The problem actually seems to be SKype calls. Yesterday my computer frose while being in a skype call. I restarted my computer and called, about 7 seconds later the computer frose. I did the same thing again. And it frose after about 7 sec again. Then i restarted and didint call. And it worked fine. I played Left 4 Dead 2 for half an hour or so with no freezing or lag. And i watched a couple of videos. I also want to say that when i turn of the computer or it freezes,then i press the start button and nothing happens on the screen.I can hear that the computer is working but nothing on the screen. So i have to turn off the computer and wait for about 10 minutes and then it works. Sorry for my terrible english
May 6, 2013 1:33:19 PM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Randomly Freezes
No BSOD just random freezes with screen on and no keys or cursor repsond, all I can do is use a hard reset to restart. Then I get the standard windows was not shut down properly messege at start-up. I have been having this issue/s and have tried all the same standard help people have had to offer, in all the dfferent post I've read online.
To actually fix this issue I ended up having to go to the device manager and check for driver updates on all my devices, one at a time. I think the ones that had updates that fixed this issue were the ACPIx64-based PC under the computer drop down and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers especially the ICH ATA and SATA AHCI ontrollers (I think these made the difference). I checked them all, but these were the only ones that had updates. Once those were updated and the computer was restarted, it has stayed on. It's been on for a day now and no problems so far.
!