Tram

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Just a silly question. Should I remove the sticker from the top of the CPU before installing? looks like a model/stock number decal
AMD 2000+ OEM
Tanks !
~Tram

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
If someone actualy stuck a sticker on it, then yes. Make sure it's not just the detailing on the top of the CPU though.

The Windows Gods demand money to appease the BSOD! - Rev. Bill Gates

Tram

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Thanks, Yes, it seems that it is from the Company I bought it from. They put a inventory sticker on it.
~Tram

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That seems like an awfully silly thing to do. Of all the places to put a sticker...

<pre>Join PETT.(People for Equal Treatment of Trolls)
Trolls:Keeping bridges clean 'n safe.</pre><p>

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
Yeah they normally put em on the bottom, where is is somewhat safe. Save that sticker if you have any warranty from them though as it may be needed for warranty...

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I know of one online pricewatch.com reseller who ships with stickers attached to the core, thats www.vegasmicro.com if you ever buy a CPU from them (AMD or Intel) they put the "DO NOT REMOVE/warranty void" sticker on the core.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
This is why you should buy retail processors... ;)

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
Yep! If your not overclocking and dont need a special cooler the price diff is almost nil once you figure in the cost of a cooler for the oems =)

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

Tram

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Ya, I talked to the vendor and they said please remove it. I wonder why they even put it on there? They should leave it on the box.
Thanks all.
~Tram

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LMAO! So in other words there is no warrantee if you decide to actually use the thing! Because if you put on the heatsink with the sticker underneath, it is improperly installed, voiding the warrantee!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?