Network File Sharing & Network Devices

Mike

Splendid

I have set up a wired network with 2 XP machinese. One is
a Laptop, the other a desktop.

I have access to the Web through each.

Both units are on the same workgroup and I can see their
IP address' through the base station. They both have file
sharing enabled.

On the desktop, I can see the laptop in the Broadband
Networking Utility Device List. I can also go into
Windows Explorer and see the laptop. I cannot get to any
files from the desktop that are stored on the Laptop.

I cannot see the desktop from the laptop. The utility
shows "no devices found on the network.

The laptop was part of a office domain. I removed that
and assigned it to the workgroup.

Any help is appreciated.

Happy '05 to you.

Mike

Splendid

I had forgotten to turn off the firewall on the desktop.
It appears to be working now.