Sign in with
Your question

current AMD mobos' thermal sensor works!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 17, 2002 12:08:32 AM

Ok to start, any of you who live in the southern ontario or Québec, will have for sure heard of how incredibly hot the last 2 days were up here in Canada. Well guys, I dunno but it was so hot in my house, and I had set my 8KHA+ to put up a warning temp at 53º, and my bro just got the alarm! Most said the current mobos' sensors aren't too accurate or don't have a good job at it, but for now a part of the thermal integration has enabled. Now I set the warn temp at 56º, and put on my room fan, because like I said, it is incredibly hot like hell for an April in Québec.

My question is, should I start worrying? And is 56º warn and 60º shut off a good setup? Also my usual temps were around 42º with a 30º system temp. Is it normal that it suddenly went up to 53º with 35º case temp just because it's a tad hotter inside the case?
I currently have 2 case fans, all sides of case have 2 big groups of air holes and thus I ponder on why such weak airflow! It is on a tabletop, with the back facing the wall about 2dm far and near the computer desk by 1.3dm or so. What should I do?? At the moment, my Volcano 7 has officially demonstrated plane noise is indeed simulatable inside a computer! :lol: 

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 04/16/02 08:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 17, 2002 1:16:10 AM

Quote:
Ok to start, any of you who live in the southern ontario or Québec, will have for sure heard of how incredibly hot the last 2 days were up here in Canada. Well guys, I dunno but it was so hot in my house, and I had set my 8KHA+ to put up a warning temp at 53º, and my bro just got the alarm! Most said the current mobos' sensors aren't too accurate or don't have a good job at it, but for now a part of the thermal integration has enabled. Now I set the warn temp at 56º, and put on my room fan, because like I said, it is incredibly hot like hell for an April in Québec.

My question is, should I start worrying? And is 56º warn and 60º shut off a good setup? Also my usual temps were around 42º with a 30º system temp. Is it normal that it suddenly went up to 53º with 35º case temp just because it's a tad hotter inside the case?
I currently have 2 case fans, all sides of case have 2 big groups of air holes and thus I ponder on why such weak airflow! It is on a tabletop, with the back facing the wall about 2dm far and near the computer desk by 1.3dm or so. What should I do?? At the moment, my Volcano 7 has officially demonstrated plane noise is indeed simulatable inside a computer!

:eek:  I find this very hard to believe, after all the denials from you and AMD_man and finally here it is thank god for copy, paste and quote! :smile:

two words: Global Warming!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
April 17, 2002 1:22:22 AM

I still hold the fact that the V7 is an excellent cooler. My temps never went over 40c today and the rotation speed went up to only 3800RPM (with an ambient room temp of 28c!) which is still reasonable.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
April 17, 2002 1:24:28 AM

Quote:

after all the denials from you and AMD_man

I don't make denials, I only tell the truth as far as I know it.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
April 17, 2002 1:39:05 AM

How in the world can I cool down the case flow? And do you think that a hot case can affect and produce high CPU temps?
Also would pointing my big room fan (about 30cm diameter) onto one side be harmful, such as any risk of some components flying off?

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!
April 17, 2002 1:45:18 AM

Hmm, I do think case air flow has a hug impact on CPU temp. I have a couple low-speed Sunon case fans on my case.

April 17, 2002 1:54:30 AM

Like I said, I have two Antec case fans too. I find this the most odd...

--
April 17, 2002 3:46:26 AM

well once you have got even a moderate case airflow any more wont really do much.

if u monitor your system and do the calculations then CPU temp, mobo temp and ambient are all related.
if the case airflow is constant (which it usually is) then

CPU temp = Ambient temp X factor1 + correction.

factor1 is usually around 1 to 1.5, and depends on how efficient your heatsink is, the better your HSF the lower.

the correction is how good your case ventilation is. excellent case ventilation gives values of less than 6C.

so as room temp rises so does your core temp, at a very predictable rate.

ive found with my tbird, thru trail and error, that it freezes above 52C, regardless of load, heatsink used or voltage.
but of course this is very specific to this CPU on this particular motherboard.

but now that i know this my system had no troubles running in extreme conditions. when the temp got above 50 i just turned up the rheostat, letting the fan run faster. (80mm 3600rpm pabst on a mcx-462)

and your cpu will freeze LOOOOONG before it will ever fry. (assuming u dont disengage your I.Q. and remove the heatsink)

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:
April 17, 2002 3:48:42 AM

Intake temp most definately affects the case and CPU temps. The hotter the air coming in is, the less heat it can absorb before being spewed back out. With this current heat wave in Minnesota (who though 91F/~31C high could happen in the third week of April?!) my case temps spiked from their usual 24C to as high as 33C (no A/C in my dorm), which caused the CPU to go from it's normal 52C to 62C. The only way to remedy this is to decrease the room temp... cause I can't think of any way to cool the intake without using ice, which in this weather, would probably cause condensation, not to mention it would melt fast. You can try to increase the output of air from the case to suck "cooler" air in, but I don't know how well this will work. Best of luck. The heat is breaking tonight here, so my 32C case temps will thankfully drop again. Cheers all.

-SammyBoy
April 17, 2002 5:19:52 AM

I'm in Montreal and my temp gone up to cpu/mobo 43/30 from something like 38/20-something. It is damn hot.

You can put a desk fan on an open case and nothing will happen, except computer will run cooler. Just put it about 1-2 feet from the case, my temp went down once I did that last summer and nothing died.

<font color=red>Computer upgraded, now need a place to live, and a good divorce lawyer.</font color=red>
April 17, 2002 8:44:09 PM

Thanks.
Here it jumped from 43 to 53, pretty drastic eh?
Although the case temp makes the difference, but again I am worried that opening it can open a door to many risks, such as objects flying in, dust accumulating... I could instead open it slightly, about 10 cm only, the heat will come out, and I will see what would happen. Damn screws are too hard to come off!!

--
April 17, 2002 9:04:21 PM

Ok I opened the case, and is about 5cm open however since the first 10cm are part of the drive bays, there is nothing that can really get thrown in that easily. My god was there wiring! No wonder the HSF is suffocating, I mean it's surrounded by the drive wire and cables everywhere! What else should I try?

--
April 17, 2002 9:13:49 PM

Man it's getting hot in Montreal these last 2 days...

What i did is take the front fan(intake) and place it in the back as a 2nd exaust fan,toke one 5 1/4 bay slot out (the plastic cover) and place my fan to blow in the case,it colled my cpu down to 47c ,it was at 55c previously.

hope this helps...

The faster a computer is, the faster it will reach a crashed state :eek: 
April 17, 2002 10:51:56 PM

tell me about it... the stupid idiots here at carleton left the god damned heat on... how am i supposed to study for my physics final?

also... my room temp went to 34° my case (i run UD continuously) went to 44°, with cpu sitting at 54° , oddly enough when i take the panel off, i get higher system temp, but lower cpu temp??? i have two antec fans, (rbc special, eh eden?)

(bb || !bb) - Shakespeare
April 17, 2002 10:54:45 PM

it is supposed to go back down this weekend, but if this is any indication, this will be a damn hot summer... stupid me, taking a physical labour job... stupid tech sector, won't hire any students.... at least i get 48 hours a week...

April 17, 2002 11:51:11 PM

Quote:
it is supposed to go back down this weekend

Ya :frown: just when my motorcycle will be ready(Friday night)...it as been in the shop all week long and when i'll finally get to ride it will be 10c outside...well that's life.

April 18, 2002 12:04:23 AM

i have been thinking about this, and since i have no air conditioning, i have thought of a plan to cool my computer,
I have an bar fridge (2 years) that i don't use... i was thinking about taking the cooling bits off, insulating my side panel, and mounting it to the panel... (in a removable sort of way) just so that i can keep my case temps below 40... (i will modify the thermostat) any ideas on this? idiotic?

April 18, 2002 12:10:38 AM

Quote:
I have an bar fridge (2 years) that i don't use... i was thinking about taking the cooling bits off

I know a guy that done it whit a fridg compressor,he ended up frying the CPU because of the condensation,the hoses where too cold for the room temp and it created water....

So my advise DO NOT DO THIS !!!

April 18, 2002 12:53:27 AM

So I'm not alone! I also noticed that by buying two Antec case fans, the price tab was 29$ tax inc. not 30+ tax extra!
So you too have this cursed heat! I hope it goes down, because it's one preview of my summertime with this comp! Basically, you DO NOT want to experience a Volcano 7 running at its maxmimum with a 40º case, it really is the jet engine at that point. Back one week, it was a silent morning dew!
I just can't help but imagine what about 2GHZ Willamettes with Retail HSFs!!!

--
April 18, 2002 12:58:50 AM

Hmm, on a very hot summer day of 40c, I can imagine even the Northwood reaching 60-70c.

April 18, 2002 1:03:56 AM

Start with the Willamette!

--
April 18, 2002 1:14:42 AM

Today on PEI was an icebox. I went outside for like 1/2 hour and my hands almost froze. I think I have frostbite now.... :eek: 
April 18, 2002 1:17:42 AM

heh
all these folks gettin worried when the temp rises.

just keep running till it freezes!
when (or IF) it does, then consider changing your conditions.

(better HSF, more case airflow, less overclocking, aircon? etc)

This recent summer in australia was decently mild, so the room temp only got up to 30C on one occasion i can remember. but ive got 2 main options at my disposal.
1. rheostat with cpu fan and rear casefan attached
2. 2 overclock states i can switch between, 1400 @ 1.92v or 1333 @ 1.82v.

just wish i had a better case

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:
April 18, 2002 1:41:02 AM

A bunch of aussies hey? me too! :) 

I have a prob - I got a new system about a week ago, AthlonXP 1900+ in it with a TT Volcano7 in it. With a room temp of around 25-30ºc, my CPU idles at 50-55ºC, with only 1-2 lite programs running.

I want to unlock this baby but I'm not going to do it if its at 55ºc before o/cing! Also, I have a chassis fan in the rear as well, and for some reason on my Epox 8KHA+ mboard can't read the RPM of one of the fans, im not sure which. The one it can read goes at 2700rpm, despite both of the fans actually running.

I've orderred some artic silver from some eastern states authorised dealers, (none it bloody perth!!), so that should arrive soon so I can change the paste.

Will *just* changing the paste make it run at a lower temp? or is there something suspiciously wrong with my PC?

Thanks for ya help :) 
April 18, 2002 1:55:25 AM

Quote:
Ok I opened the case, and is about 5cm open however since the first 10cm are part of the drive bays, there is nothing that can really get thrown in that easily. My god was there wiring! No wonder the HSF is suffocating, I mean it's surrounded by the drive wire and cables everywhere! What else should I try?

man! I must say, I thought you knew a little more about computer, boy was I wrong!

read my endless postings on tucking in and getting rounded cables.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
April 18, 2002 1:58:10 AM

So the noise is quite big with the V7 huh at that temp?
BTW I think I also got yer prob with the fan reading! Chassis fan does not display RPM on Magic Health bootup...

--
April 18, 2002 1:59:43 AM

Hey I wouldn't always worry, but the sound the V7 emits is just not fun! So rather than return this sexy baby, I would like to find ways to help lower case temps!
Also at 56º warn temp, I think it is a warning indeed. Although it warned at 53º, I had upped the threshold to 56 since 53 sounded too low, however 60º auto-shutoff being there always.

--
April 18, 2002 2:10:00 AM

heh. arctive silverless state. lol
moooooving on :smile:

AS will really only help you if conditions are significantly worse.
if you are currently using a pre attached thermal pad or a crapload of generic grease then, yes, AS will work.
but in all honesty its not so much brand or type of grease thats important but THICKNESS. people seem to forget that this grease isnt for lubrication, or protection. its sole purpose is to fill the MICROSCOPIC gaps that will exist between the cpu surface and the Heatsink.
And if you have a quality heatsink (and i think you do) then the base will be very flat anyway.

so use the absolute minimum. half a grain of rice can be too much even. enough for an almost transparent coating accross the core's surface.

55C sounds a bit warm for idle, but the later XP's are known to run warm.
couple more questions and comments:
Download and run Motherboard Monitor 5. its very nice and is the defacto standard around here. other monitoring programs are known to be not as good. get back and tell me if the temps are the same.
also, what kind of case do you have, and more specifically, what does the rear case fan vent look like? many cheaper cases only have punched holes to let the air out... and if u think about it thats just dumb. what me and a friend did with our cases was to cut out the rear hole. a 15 minute job with a dremel. add a fan grill and presto double the airflow for virtually zero cost.

as for your fans... the motherboard manual should say how many you have, where they are, and also which ones are monitored. usually the bare minimum is 2, one for the CPU and a spare.

final comment:
there is a nifty little program somewhere out there on the web called TOAST.
its specially designed for the AMD cpu and it just fills all the pipelines and loads the cpu to the max. really good for seeing if your cpu is stable under full load. (especially under your conditions)
it makes my athlon up to 4C hotter than any other program.

give me a bell if you cant find it.
cheers

April 18, 2002 2:19:58 AM

... i suppose i could sell the fridge and get a watercooling setup, but damn, i wanted something cool! (no pun intended)

April 18, 2002 3:48:00 AM

I am using MBM5, I installed it on the first bootup. The temps in MBM5 and the Healthmonitor thingy in boot-up are almost (if not) identical. The chassis fan has those little holes you mentioned. I might cut it up, but not for a few weeks as it is brand new and I dont want to screw the warranty until I make sure everything is A-OK. My motherboard says it has power supply for 3 fans, CPU, chassis and power supply. (btw, can I cut and share the power supplies for say the chassis fan, to allow another fan in there? or will that cause too much drain on the existing fan?)

With the fans... You have ground and power, and the "rotation" wires (presumably RPM reading?). My chassis fan has the 3 wires leading into 1 plug that goes into the motherboard. the CPU however has the ground and 12v going into the power cables around the disk drives, and the RPM yellow wire goes someplace else. Is that normal?

I've found toast, and im about to run it. I'll give you feedback.

This is a newbie question and-a-half, but I've looked at the Volcano and I know how to install it, but stuffed if I know how to get it off without pushing too hard!

It looks like I just have to push real hard with a screwdriver to get the metal clip under the one on the board, and then "slip it out and off", but i cant seem to slip it out and off. I had the fan off for a while before, pushing down through the gap in the heatsink, but that didnt help too much either. I really dont want to screw my new XP up by pressing too hard. Any advice?

thx
April 18, 2002 4:03:40 AM

I just ran Toast.exe on the Athlon. It was running at 48-49ºc with the side of the case off, and then I ran toast. Within 2-3 mins the temp jumped up to 57º and then slowwwlyy increased up to 59-60, and then kept alternating between 59-60ºc. The total length of running Toast was 9mins.

Earlier I mentioned the wiring of the CPU fan, and I have just looked again, on the board where the CPU fan plug is, it has pin's for power, ground and RPM, however the guy who built my system has put the power and ground through a different plug, one that powers the hard-drives and stuff. (one of the small ones, y'know. its probably not actually one of the small ones, but it is "with" the other small ones and large 4-pinn ones for cdrom/HD etc).

*Hmm*
April 18, 2002 4:59:01 AM

yerp. sounds normal to me.
typically there are 3 ways of plugging in your fans.

1. low powered and small fans have a 3 pin 3 wire connector that plug into the motherboard.
1 pin 5v 1 pin ground and the yellow is the monitoring wire

2. more powerful fans will draw too much current and possibly cauze the motherboard to burnout, and these are typically equipped with a 2wire 4pin 'molex' connector identical to the ones for your hard drive. thus they draw power directly from the PSU.

3. but the fans in number 2. dont have a yellow monitoring line, so arnt very good for cpu fan speed monitoring. so with some of the high speed cpu fans we now see 2 connectors, 2 wires to the molex connector and the lone yellow monitoring wire that you can plug into the motherboard.
obviously your fan does this... as does the 80mm delta atop my mcx-462.

and finally regarding your HSF clip;
if your unsure how to do it properly without damaging something PLEASE get a professional to do it... and watch them.
thats what i did the first time.

April 18, 2002 5:48:49 AM

If you run toast for 10 minutes and reach a stable temp and you dont lock up, your cooling is perfectly adequate, and you should give no further worry to it.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
April 18, 2002 5:52:25 AM

ok thanks.. just a few questions..

my fan is in category number3, with the yellow line going to the motherboard, however I have no CPU RPM readings. Do you have the same situation, or is my yellow wire not connected correctly perhaps?

Since I am running at 55ºc with the case on, and 65 running toast, I suppose it is not recommended that I unlock and overclock my CPU? Your thoughts, please.

Matisaro, keep in mind that, the 60ºc i mentioned above was without the case side on, and a standard CPU. I want to keep the case on and overclock; and I have been told that AthlonXP's can go as low as 38ºc with expensive cooling, but most commonly sit at 50ºc under load with reasonable cooling. Its just my system is running as desired.. :) 

- keegs

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by keegs on 04/18/02 10:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 18, 2002 6:17:22 AM

allright.
put the side of your case back on then run toast again for say half an hour.

tell us how it goes and what u get to.

question: is your temp being read from the diode underneath the socket or is yours on of those new mobo's that have burn protection and read the temp from the core iteself?

April 18, 2002 6:29:44 AM

so am I to understand that not only was AmdMELTDOWN the first person to reply to this, but that he did so NOT to help the guy who needed it, but to again make fun of amd cooling, AND then posted a second time to call someone an idiot? is he always like this?
April 18, 2002 6:45:01 AM

I'll get back to you about 30mins of toast. I ran toast for 7 or so minutes with the case on and got up to 68ºc.

How do I tell where my temp is being read from??
April 18, 2002 8:18:00 AM

Quote:
Matisaro, keep in mind that, the 60ºc i mentioned above was without the case side on, and a standard CPU. I want to keep the case on and overclock; and I have been told that AthlonXP's can go as low as 38ºc with expensive cooling, but most commonly sit at 50ºc under load with reasonable cooling. Its just my system is running as desired.. :) 

What temp you are at matters not young jedi.

put your case side on, and run toast till the temp tops out, if your computer does NOT lock up, thats it, no more problems.

The temprature at which thermal damage can occur to a cpu is HIGHER than the lockup temprature, if your cpu never locks up then you are well within safe temprature.

April 18, 2002 8:20:06 AM

Quote:
I'll get back to you about 30mins of toast. I ran toast for 7 or so minutes with the case on and got up to 68ºc.

How do I tell where my temp is being read from??

Keegs, DO NOT WORRY about how high it goes, just run it untill it goes no higher(and move the mouse to ensure you havent locked) if it locks up turn off the power quickly.

Do NOT stop running toast untill either A: you lock up or B: your temp tops out.

When the temp tops out, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, if you havent locked up, EVERYTHING is fine.

Trust me on this.

April 18, 2002 8:20:44 AM

Quote:
so am I to understand that not only was AmdMELTDOWN the first person to reply to this, but that he did so NOT to help the guy who needed it, but to again make fun of amd cooling, AND then posted a second time to call someone an idiot? is he always like this?

Meltdumbass is a universally disliked and listed troll, ignore everything he says and feel free to insult him when he mouthes off.

April 18, 2002 9:43:37 AM

Ok, but ... master jedi ... as I am planning to overclock, would it not be wiser to have my CPU at a lower temperature? Running toast, I have reached 66ºc with the case on, and the system did not lock up. I have concerns with that if I proceed to overclock, the temperature will rise, and that is likely to be ... bad.

My non-over-clocked CPU has temps of 66, and yet another person with the same CPU has his overclocked and running it hard, at 63ºc, less than mine. This is why I was interested in getting cooler. :eek: 
April 18, 2002 10:32:32 AM

well, you have to run the yellow wire & 3 pin connector to a monitored mobo conector. i assume its plugged into the one designated for the CPU fan?
check the bios to be sure, if your not getting any reading there, try jiggling it gently.
if your still not getting any readings then its seems that for some reason the signal isnt getting through, and i have no idea why.
if the yellow wire is long enough u could try running it to another connector. just a thought.

actually come to think of it my PSU fan monitor runs a bit wierd...
its ok up to around 2000rpm, but anything above that it suddenly fluctuates, double, triple or quadruple multiples of the real value. strange.
so they definatly arnt the most reliabe things on the planet. :smile:

moving on... overclocking... hmmmmm
its really hard to say honestly.
there are two ways of looking at your temps and thus how well overclocking would go.
1. the temps being reported are accurate and on the high side, indicating that heat isnt being efficiently transfered away from the cpu (too much thermal grease)
OR
2. the temp probe has been calibrated poorly, and your actual temp is much much lower.

considering that you got up to 69C without a lockup im inclined to believe point number 2 more, and the "temp probe under the socket" method is notoriously innacurate.
i.e. ive had two kt133a chipsets, a asus a7v133 and a iwill kk2666. when i switched from one to the other the cpu temp droped 4C... same CPU, same case, same heatsink, same amount of thermal grease, same everything except motherboard.

one thing ive found though which is useful, my AMD athlon locks up at a certain temp, regardless of the heatsink ontop, voltage used, or cpu load. for me that temp is a very low 52C. so i know that so long as i stay below im ok. the same should hold true for you... whatever your numerical value is.

so you can TRY some minor overclocking, and see how you go. but if it starts freezing at a certain temp, u will know u have reached its limit and is time to:
A. stop overclocking *laughs*
B. reseat the HSF with a minimal amount of grease
or
C. get a better heatsink and/or fan.

one last question, what was the difference between temps, case open to case closed under full load?

April 18, 2002 10:57:43 AM

Yes the yellow is in the mobo connector. It looks a bit iffy ... like, if I pulled the yellow cable a little bit it would come out of the plug. I'll wiggle it later.

I didnt install the CPU, currently it is using the standard phase-change thermal goo, that comes with the Volcano7. I dont know how to calibrate my thermal probe, or whether or not the thermal probe is the diode underneath the socket or if has burn protection and reads the temp from the core iteself.

I am getting artic silver in a few days, so I think I will reseat the HSF with it.

The temp difference.. it was 58-59ºc (i'm pretty sure) with the side off, and 65-66º with the side ON.
April 18, 2002 11:42:08 AM

ok... those open close temps arnt too bad.

my only concern is u put too much goop on (easy to do)

as for the thermal detector, only a select few motherboards use the inbuit XP sensor (asus a7v333, msi kt333 etc) the rest use the somewhat innaccurate under socket diode.
waht mobo did u have again?

April 18, 2002 12:23:57 PM

Quote:
Ok, but ... master jedi ... as I am planning to overclock, would it not be wiser to have my CPU at a lower temperature? Running toast, I have reached 66ºc with the case on, and the system did not lock up. I have concerns with that if I proceed to overclock, the temperature will rise, and that is likely to be ... bad.

Your planning on overclocking, with 60+c? LOL.

Get a new heatsink, alphapal8045, dont even bother with whatever you have on their now.

April 18, 2002 3:37:30 PM

I thought the number didn't matter as long as you're not locking up? :tongue:

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 18, 2002 6:17:16 PM

Quote:

you betcha!

only do this to idiots that deny(for months) that they have dont have heat issues with their AMD coal chip and then post admiting to it.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmdMELTDOWN on 04/18/02 02:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 18, 2002 7:48:31 PM

Coals! That's a good one. My coal is better than your coal, lol. We were both naughty last year! :frown:

April 19, 2002 1:46:53 AM

I wrote above: "<i>I didnt install the CPU, currently it is using the standard phase-change thermal goo.</i>"
Would the amount of phase-change stuff be too much?
I have an epox 8kha+.

Quote:
Your planning on overclocking, with 60+c? LOL.

Matisaro - That is exactly my point! It is running at 60ºc when it should be at 50ºc, especially with my current setup. Hence, I'm asking for assistance in lowerring the temp to what it should be (so I <b>can</b> overclock), not for people who don't read my posts and then laughing cos they don't know the full story.
April 19, 2002 2:52:58 AM

for standard use that phase change 'chewwy' is sufficient, but for onverclocking remove it fast!

what u need is an ULTRA THIN application of arctic silver ontop of your cpu core.
and i do mean ultra thin.

!