T-Bred Mobile released

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_756_807,00.html" target="_new"> AMD Announcement </A>

And now it's called Mobile Athlon XP (not Athlon 4)

<font color=blue> Smoke me a Chip'er ... I'll be back in the Morgan </font color=blue> :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phelk on 04/17/02 10:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Now only if they could get those desktop versions out then i'll be a little more :smile: .

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There was an excelent article floating around not that long ago about AMD. AMD will always (at least in the near future) release low volume (ie: mobile and server) products first because they do not have the production capability (esp at 0.13 micron) to make enough desktop chips to fill the demand. Because intel has so much more manufacturing capability they can release desktop chips first, and then start on producing the mobile chips. Only recently did we start to see P4 laptops. Also mobile chips benefit the most from die shrinks (because of lower power consumption).

- JW