lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
TOP 10 SIGNS THAT YOUR COMPUTER IS TOO NOISY.

10. You hear sound when you know your PC doesn't have any speakers.
9. Your cup of tea has a ripple, just like in Jurassic Park.
8. The local council forces you to move to a light industrial area.
7. The control tower at Sydney airport gets more noise complaints than usual when you're surfing the web... and you live in Brisbane.
6. You can only legally operate your PC 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday.
5. When you boot up, neighbours ask if you'd mind mowing their lawns too.
4. You spent all day on the line to tech support, but all you get out of your voice recognition software is "hummmmmmmmmmmm".
3. The last time you played Quake 3, a SWAT team burst through your door.
2. It snores when you put it into sleep mode.
1. The raver next door asks to borrow your "wicked drum and bass albums" and it's just the hard drive defragging.

C.O. Defrag, The Australian Newspaper, IT section.

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Coming soon, Styrophome cases. Insulation from the noise.

The Windows Gods demand money to appease the BSOD! - Rev. Bill Gates

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
0.5 you have an intel system.
gonna have to do better than that melty.
your just too predictable

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:

The_MaguS

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Actually, it was pretty funny. I think you should try to learn to conjugate verbs. I thought we learned the difference between your and you're in 3rd grade?

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
In my books predictable isn't really funny.
I posted this with a strong hunch that melty would say something like that and i wasn't dissapointed. Unless of course you did not expect him to say that, but come on...

P.S. Don't complain about my Grammar. If i were lazy it would be far worse. I try to catch most of my errors but i seem to have a couple that always slip through. Seems my favorites for slipping through the net is 'your' instead of 'you're' (easier to type) and 'taht' (dyslexic fingers?) :smile:

your - descriptive. i.e. 'is that your pentium?'
you're - concatinated. you are.
yore - archaic. i.e. 'in the days of yore' spelling unsure?
yaw - aviation term. to rotate the aircraft through its vertical axis by means of the rudder.

hmmm
think thats all of em.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hehehe
i loved the defrag one...

reminds me of my old IBM 16GP or seagate 2Gb... loud and hot buggers both were.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My hard drive runs so hot I can't mount it under the floppy or my disk get warped!

I once had a FULL HEIGHT SERVER drive that sounded like a jet engine! Every time I started the system the lights would dim!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
lol those were the days...

none of this 'i can fry an egg on a specially constructed athlon hotplate'

all you had to do was crack it onto the top of the drive :smile:

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
hehe been there too, I used to be able to hear mine when I came through the front door of my house.
very funny btw

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?