my cpu runs at 100% when using web cam

G

I am using a 370 socket board - ibm chipset - 512 sdram, 40 gig maxtor hard drive,,85 % free - windows XP - and using dsl line. I need major help,, whenever I run my webcam thru the net,, my cpu runs at 100%,,,I have everything humanly and technically possible ( with my limited knowledge) and cannot bring down my cpu use when using my webcam (logitech),,, I would really appreciate any suggestions, comments, etc....thx,, in advance

Lee

G

Is there any way you can help,,,or point me,, whats a/s/l/ stand for ,, DSL in my post referred to my commnication line on the internet,, high speed line with local telephone company,,

thx for responding so quickly,

Lee

FatBurger

Illustrious
Nevermind, it was just a joke.

What kind of software are you using?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

Lastest Logitech for the cam. XP for Op. and lateest netscape and/or lateest explorer,, thats it,

ps - your first email went right over my head :) and since then ,, i have had, 3 emails along the same line,,,like - "Busted, LOL",,, etc...

thx for taking an interest by the way

AMD_Flinkster

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
never mind, fatburger is in it for the post count :)

so is this post, its aimed at increasing my tending to zero post count w.r.t. fatburger's, but every post counts :)

Any mystery devised by mortal mind can be solved therewith

FatBurger

Illustrious
You're never going to catch up with me, and I don't post to increase my post count.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft