1. What is your budget?
preferably under 750, somewhere under 600 would be ideal
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-16 in screen, thin is ideal
3. What screen resolution do you want?
standard is fine, but higher is always welcome
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
it'll be my main computer but i would rather it not be too bulky, anything around 6 pounds or less would be fine
5. How much battery life do you need?
4+ hours preferably, but longer than that is not too important
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
starcraft 2 on medium would be fine
modern mmorpgs on medium settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
some photo editting, 1080p videos, school use
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
around 500 gb would probably be more than enough
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg, tigerdirect, but anywhere is fine
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
~2 years, hopefully longer
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
don't need a optical drive
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
would prefer to avoid hp
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
here's a couple laptops I've been considering
Other than that, I think, you've exhausted the price range options. You might be able to find nice deals for other brand laptops for similar price, but I don't expect the hardware to go above 540M in under $750 range.
I've browsed Walmart, Newegg, Amazon, and BestBuy online and the rating for this laptop is always 5 star. However, when I bought mine (a month ago), I bought it from B&H from New York because I wanted to make sure I don't get charged for shipping or tax (California) AND they sold it cheaper than any other online store for $650.
Notable features are 17.3" screen, ATI 6550 video card, good looking textured shell, and Wireless N for me. The ATI 6550 makes this laptop capable of playing a lot of 3D games on very high settings. Cons are mouse pad and 5400 rpm HDD, but it's not a deal breaker for $650. I was planning to swap out the HDD anyway with an SSD later.
IMHO, Acer AS7741-6426 is best laptop in the $600 to $1100 range
Quite a few I would rate higher. ASUS N53SN-XV1 Notebook
with it's Core i5 2410M(2.30GHz) 15.6" 1920x1080 LCD & NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M a couple notches higher in the $600-$1100 range. Just one example of many.
Unfortunately, neither meet the OPs requirements.