Sign in with
Your question

Blue screen during AMD catalyst update

Last response: in Windows 7
February 26, 2013 4:24:16 AM

So, i was installing the AMD catalyst 13.1 update when my computer crashed witha BSOD. I thought no biggy, restarted the system and this time crashed on start up. Having a similar problem before, i simply launched safe mode uninstalled the driver software and device through device manager and control panel. I restarted the computer, then uninstalled all AMD programs through control panel, went back to safe mode and did a driver sweep. So i reinstalled the drivers from online and rebooted. Yet again the same BSOD on start up. (i used this source in order to remove all the corrupt files: http://www.ehow.com/how_6951718_totally-corrupt-ati-vid...)

I have a few more options to explore : first im going to do the same steps i stated above but install the drivers from the disk supplied with the graphics card(s) (Im using two Sapphire 6870s in crossfire), download it again or try a system restore and if worse comes to worse restore a week old backup from my external drive (i lacked sufficient space to create a system image would could be problematic).

Any suggestions for making this fix any easier?
February 26, 2013 5:18:34 AM

Update: tried my first solution (installing the driver from the disk provided with the card) and it seemed like it totally fixed my problem. I managed to totally re install everything (from the disk) and then get back into windows while running Catalyst. I went to update catalyst and the same blue screen occurred during the update. Im going to repeat the steps to attempt and fix the problem again. Not sure what to do next now :( 
m
l
February 26, 2013 8:13:23 AM

Crillowned said:
So, i was installing the AMD catalyst 13.1 update when my computer crashed witha BSOD. I thought no biggy, restarted the system and this time crashed on start up. Having a similar problem before, i simply launched safe mode uninstalled the driver software and device through device manager and control panel. I restarted the computer, then uninstalled all AMD programs through control panel, went back to safe mode and did a driver sweep. So i reinstalled the drivers from online and rebooted. Yet again the same BSOD on start up. (i used this source in order to remove all the corrupt files: http://www.ehow.com/how_6951718_totally-corrupt-ati-vid...)

I have a few more options to explore : first im going to do the same steps i stated above but install the drivers from the disk supplied with the graphics card(s) (Im using two Sapphire 6870s in crossfire), download it again or try a system restore and if worse comes to worse restore a week old backup from my external drive (i lacked sufficient space to create a system image would could be problematic).

Any suggestions for making this fix any easier?

do not installby express setting install by custom settings
m
l
Related resources
!