Upgrading Dell XPS T series

I was told from the guys at http://www.HardwareCooling.com
that the tualatin adapter they have would work with the Dell
Dimension XPS T series desktop. They claim for $6.99 cost of the
tualatin adapter and $7.88 cost of the FCPGA slot 1 adapter card and
a Tualatin cpu I could upgrade to 1.3Ghz or faster.

Anyone have any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading dell series

    "sleekseek40" <sleekseek40@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I was told from the guys at http://www.HardwareCooling.com
    > that the tualatin adapter they have would work with the Dell
    > Dimension XPS T series desktop. They claim for $6.99 cost of the
    > tualatin adapter and $7.88 cost of the FCPGA slot 1 adapter card and
    > a Tualatin cpu I could upgrade to 1.3Ghz or faster.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    Read here before you buy anything: http://www.roberthancock.com/dell/

    Stew

    Wow! Hancock's web site is a treasure of info about upgrading Dell systems.
    Needs to be bookmarked.

    Except for the well-regarded and expensive PowerLeap kits, I myself would be
    skeptical of any other slotket upgrades.

    Some slotkets are designed to handle the different voltage levels between older
    Slot 1 boards and newer Socket 370 CPUs. Other slotkets provide only a
    pass-through of signals from Socket 370 pins to slot connectors with no
    mediation of voltage levels whatsoever. If a low voltage Tualatin is installed
    in a slotket which is placed in a Slot 1 board providing 2.0v to the slot, this
    is a recipe to burn out the chip or the board. In short, read the specs for any
    of these adapters VERY carefully before trying... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 03:33:08 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net>
    wrote:

    >"sleekseek40" <sleekseek40@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >>I was told from the guys at http://www.HardwareCooling.com
    >> that the tualatin adapter they have would work with the Dell
    >> Dimension XPS T series desktop. They claim for $6.99 cost of the
    >> tualatin adapter and $7.88 cost of the FCPGA slot 1 adapter card and
    >> a Tualatin cpu I could upgrade to 1.3Ghz or faster.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas?
    >>

    >Read here before you buy anything: http://www.roberthancock.com/dell/
    >

    >Stew

Dell Dell Studio Xps Computers