Sign in with
Your question

USB headset causes crash

Last response: in Windows 7
February 26, 2013 5:14:32 AM

I have a cyborg freq 5 headset. When I go to "Sounds>Playback Devices>(set headset as default device)" it causes a blue screen crash.

Back to back, as soon as I click apply to default device, it crashes the whole system. It's weird though because the headset works fine for skype and things but I just can't make it a default device. And yes, I have downloaded the working drivers and software (yes both).

More about : usb headset crash

February 26, 2013 5:31:48 AM

And then I loaded up skype with my headset in and it caused a blue screen as well. After a reboot, skype runs fine and sound comes out of headset but youtube video volume comes out of the speakers. What the heck?

Then I went in and disabled the speakers and everything is coming out of the headset. I do not want to have to disable my speakers everytime I use the headset and I do not want blue screen errors (obviously) when using this headset.

And just for the record, this is the first time I have gotten blue screen errors on this windows installation and a side note, I have run antivirus and anti malware scans and it's all good.
m
l
March 21, 2013 8:17:35 AM

rcfant89 said:
I have a cyborg freq 5 headset. When I go to "Sounds>Playback Devices>(set headset as default device)" it causes a blue screen crash.

Back to back, as soon as I click apply to default device, it crashes the whole system. It's weird though because the headset works fine for skype and things but I just can't make it a default device. And yes, I have downloaded the working drivers and software (yes both).

Just fixed this today
I had this issue too and couldn't find an answer online. I went to my motherboard manufacturer website and updated my drivers for usb 3.0 . so I say to you, try downloading updates for your USB driver, if this doesn't work update bios and chip-set and audio drivers as well. Hope this works for you.
m
l
!