Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia and AMD make a great team

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Nvidia
Last response: in CPUs
April 19, 2002 7:31:36 PM

Ever since I heard that Nvidia were one of the companies that were gonna support the Hammer platform I have been closely scanning hardware sites for any tit bits of what we might expect from thier Hammer chipset...and now this is the first scrap of information I have managed to find about <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/19040202.htm" target="_new">Nvidia's Hammer platform</A>...something very special is defintely cooking in Nvidia's kitchen and I expect very great things from their K8 platform. I find this equally exciting as the Hammer processor itself.

Ever since Nvidia released the Nforce for the Athlon I knew this is a fresh innovative company that is commited to making use of new technologies to achieve the best possible performance. Although Nforce sales have been relatively poor in the consumer sector, sales of Nforce based PC's in the enterprise sector have been gaining which is exactly the sector AMD is currently working towards.

Nvidia knows the capablities of Hyper transport and I reckon thier Hammer platform is really gonna kick ass and help AMD propel themselves into the enterprise sector with avengence.

Thats all I wanted to say..(and no I don't work for Nvidia or received any favours for writing this post).

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>

More about : nvidia amd make great team

April 19, 2002 7:48:57 PM

That should be "tid bits". "Tit bits" are something entirely different :wink:

Interesting. Let's hope it's not another nForce that's 6 months late and isn't incredibly revolutionary like everyone thought.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 19, 2002 8:00:02 PM

I prefer "tit bits" :wink: . Anyway I thought the Nforce was a great first attempt for Nivdia in entering the chipset business. If this is what they can achieve for a first try thier second and third generation chipsets should be nothing short of amazing.

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>
Related resources
April 19, 2002 10:08:25 PM

Oh I definitely agree, it was a great entry into the market. But it was far below expectations (part of which was their fault, part of which was the general public's fault for hyping it).

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 21, 2002 9:27:29 AM

There are some rumours that Compaq is qualifying a NVIDIA Clawhammer chipset. Apparently Compaq systems utilizing Hammer NVIDIA core logic are expected to appear in January, 2003.

<A HREF="http://www.vanshardware.com/" target="_new">Source</A>

The plot thickens... :smile:

April 21, 2002 11:27:27 AM

i wish amd would hand nvidia over their MPX or whatever chipset license will be for dual hammer platforms. i think they could definitely make an incredible dual cpu chipset. i'm thinking it would be pretty sexy, top it off with a couple <i>tit bits</i> and you have a very nice platform.

[insert philosophical statement here]
April 22, 2002 5:51:12 PM

Dammit, warn me before you post a link to that place. I almost spit out my coffee, I was so horrified :mad: 

April 22, 2002 8:19:23 PM

Sorry dude ! I too consider Amdzone and Vanshardware as AMD troll safe havens. I'll try not to use these sources in the future. :smile:

April 22, 2002 8:21:55 PM

Why, you didn't like the tit bit on the 40mph barstool? :lol: 
April 22, 2002 8:33:05 PM

I'm not gonna be happy until 96Thz is in my lap...with a vigillion ops per second GeRadX EDGP [Enhanced Dual Graphic Port] grafx card.

Then I will be able to bring her life!

If I don't get my 90THz AMD Quadraplex system soon, I'm afraid I may just combust right here.
!