Analog to DV I- cause ghosting?

BambisRevenge

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
Hey

I just bought an LG 19" LCD (L1918S) 5ms response time monitor and at first i was very impressed (Coming from a 17' CRT) until i played some games. at first i didnt really notice it but i could see that when i panned my mouse in a game it would be a little bit stuttery/ blurry kinda, but i thought that made sense seeing as anything moving quickly will be blurry.

the more i played the more annoyed i got, until now i can barely play a game without getting really annoyed. before i bought my monitor i knew about the ghosting issues and did some research and every where i looked people would say over and over again that there is no ghosting whatsoever on a 5ms monitor or not even on a 8ms (if so only the slightest)

So now i think there must be something wrong with me or my setup because i can quite easily see the ghosting on my monitor.

So now what i want to know is: My monitor is an Analog LCD (apparently thats bad for an LCD) and my graphics card only has DVI ports (8800gts) so im forced to use a DVI converter. now i was wondering, could using a DVI converter instead of plugging into a plain Analog port cause this ghosting i experience?\

btw im running at its max of 1280x1024 at 75hz.

Please give any advice of what could be causing this ghosting.

realzeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
Other than a faulty monitor, it's probably your good eye sight going through the pains of downgrading from a CRT to an LCD. Happened to me as well. Don't worry, you will get used to it in the end.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
As much as I prefer LCDs they can be blurry. However....

Try running the screen at 60hz. Most LCDs can take a 75hz signal but only update at 60hz. I've seen a few panels that looked bad at 75hz but cleared right up at 60hz.

BambisRevenge

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
thing is running my games at 60hz just makes my games look choppier... ill give it another try tho. but 60hz for gaming is not ideal :(