Problems with using Athlon1800XP+ with InnoBoard B

G

Hiyas.

I have a problem that I hope someone might be able to help me with. I build a computer 4 days ago for the 1st time, but i seem to have run into a problem.

When I don't touch the 3 DIP switches on the Innoboard, and leave them at the default / Auto detecting, my motherboard only detects the Processor is running at 1150Mhz, eventho its supposed to run at 1533Mhz.

OK, so I figure I need to change to Mhz setting on the board from the default 100Mhz to 133Mhz, and voila, when I turn on the comp, it sees the processor as a Athlon 1800XP+. Fine ok.

But its not fine . When the BIOS starts loading, it says "CMOS error, defaults loaded" press F1 to continue, Del to enter setup.

Whatever I press after that, leads to a black screen with a little " _ " blinking in the top left corner.

When I try to restart the machine again, it wont respond to the restart or power switch, and I have to pull the plug. When I try to start the machine again, the screen never turns on. The little light in the screen starts blinking, and nothing else happens.

The only way I can get the computer started again, is to open the cabinet, clear the BIOS setup with the jumper near the battery, and then set the DIP switch back to default. Then I can start the machine again, but im back to the problem with it running at 1150Mhz.

System Profile:
---------------
AMD Athlon 1800XP+
Seagate 40GB HD
Soundblaster Audigy, Player
Lite on 24x10x40 CD RW
InnoBoard BD-7300D Motherboard
512DDR ram
GeForce3 Ti200
19" Screen
-----------

Someone please help. It's very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Look for a 133 fsb jumper on the motherboard. If you don't have it, the board may not be supplying the correct voltage for the cpu to run at 133. You may have to return it for a replacement. You should be able to run it at the default cpu vcore setting. If you have to increase the voltage to get the cpu to run at 133, I would still rma the board and consider getting another brand, such as abit, asus, or msi.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by o1die on 04/21/02 01:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Hmm. Its a totally new Motherboard from InnoVision. The motherboard came out like Feb 2002, and should support Athlon 1700-1900XP+.

Thats why its so wierd.

Btw... can it be because I need to change the Core Voltage aswell?. I never fooled around with that, and just left it default.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FGrahndin on 04/21/02 08:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS