Looking for a good deal on an XP 1700

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Well, Just fried the current one. Its now going to be put to rest in my backyard.. Dunno what happened, but there is a burn mark, and no bios codes beeping out. So I am now looking for a good price on a replacement. anyone know where I can get a NEW AXP 1700 (or 1800) at a good price? I saw a 1700 on tigerdirect.com for 127.00.

Crashing takes on a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s. :tongue:

johnnyx

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2002
Check out www.pricewatch.com or go to www.newegg.com. Newegg has very competitive prices.

If an orange was driving a racecar would it peel out? www.jxfiles.com

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
88 bucks, you better buy 2!

ROFL at how they self destruct. very poor quality in manufacturing? or poor end user handeling?

Funny cause matisaro can afford even 1. but he sure will recomend them to new buyers. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Buy more AMD.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
so why did it fry.... things just dont fry for no reason. curious.

i would want to make sure its not the mobo doing bad things before u plug another cpu into it.

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why does any XP fry? because they suck hardcore.

AMD does not have the consumers investment as a priority.

This has been the case since day 1 of me posting on this forum.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
******grabs squirt bottle*******
squirt.
squirt.
break it up guys. boards have been quite peaceful as of lately. spring/summer is coming, hopefully we'll all get out and work off some of this pent up energy :D

[insert philosophical statement here]

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
A bad install of my heatsink is all I can think. Only a bit on the one edge left a burn mark on my heatsink.. dunno why.. maybe I scratched it or cracked part of it. Who knows. But I know that bad elctronic burning smell any time.

Actualy, I kept crashing, and every time I tried to alter the FSB, I could not boot unless I reset the bios jumper. It all started when I tried clocking it down scince the heat in my room has been real high latly, I was clocking it to inbetween a 1800 and a 1900. So as a last resort, I tried to redo my L1 bridges. Then after the burning smell, I took off the bridges, just as a last hopeful act. No luck. Its gone and I have my first fried CPU. I might get it bronzed.

Crashing takes on a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s. :tongue: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lonemagi on 04/21/02 05:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
88 bucks.. better than new egg, the best price there is $100. I completly forgot bout pricewatch

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
The nice burn mark on my heatsink is suggesting to me that the cpu went. That and how the cpu smells. I hate that smell.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh yeah, it sounds like the proc then. I wonder what happened? I guess I've been lucky, but I've never seen a fried CPU. Some fried MOBOs, fried hard drives, fried video cards, fried CD ROM drives, fried RAM, but never a fried CPU. LOL

More evidence for fugger and meltdown to say that AMD sucks. Sigh.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks."

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Had a floppy burn on me (big sparks too, bad wiring) once, blew a mobo, and now a cpu