Time to write more than a spell on a scroll

Last response: in Video Games
June 15, 2005 2:16:08 PM

Hi to all,

in the manual it is written that it takes at least 1 day to write a scroll
(although the cost is < 1000GP).
If I write more than a spell whose total cost is still < 1000GP, I will take
1 day total or 1 day per spell written? For ex. if I write two 1° lev.
spells on a scroll, I need 1 day or 2?

Thanx
Juza
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:16:09 PM

Juza wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> in the manual it is written that it takes at least 1 day to write a scroll
> (although the cost is < 1000GP).
> If I write more than a spell whose total cost is still < 1000GP, I will take
> 1 day total or 1 day per spell written? For ex. if I write two 1° lev.
> spells on a scroll, I need 1 day or 2?

By the rules, 1 day total.

However, most people houserule the "1 day to write a scroll" rule away
in any case, which I think is a good idea. Just make it 1 day for every
1000 gp's.

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:16:10 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Juza wrote:
>
>>Hi to all,
>>
>>in the manual it is written that it takes at least 1 day to write a scroll
>>(although the cost is < 1000GP).
>>If I write more than a spell whose total cost is still < 1000GP, I will take
>>1 day total or 1 day per spell written? For ex. if I write two 1° lev.
>>spells on a scroll, I need 1 day or 2?
>

> By the rules, 1 day total.
>
> However, most people houserule the "1 day to write a scroll" rule away
> in any case, which I think is a good idea. Just make it 1 day for every
> 1000 gp's.

If you do this, you will have bundles and bundles of 1st level spells in
the packs of your wizards -- "utility" spells for the most part, like
mending and such where the CL doesn't matter. And Web spells. Lots and
lots and LOTS of Web spells (because the targets are screwed even if
they make their saves).

- Ron ^*^