Computer wont boot.

fearme99

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
So, i restored my computer to manual factures and then updated everything...After the updates I had to restart..When i restarted i came to the normal HP screen as usual..But then a black screen with a white writing thing that's blinking...I can't write anything.
SPECS: windows 7 home edition 64 bits.
System model: h8-1215eo
Processors: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHZ (8 CPUs)
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 545...At the start up screen with HP logo i can go into ESC...and boot it up trough a hard drive..I have 2 hard drives.

RealBeast

Titan
You restored it to the original settings -- did it have two drives originally? Do both have an OS? Are you sure that both HDDs are working?

It may just need the bootloader repaired with a start up repair. I usually do that with a system repair disc (CD) created on the machine by typing that into the start button search box and following the wizard as soon as I build the machine. You can also use a Windows installer disk to do a start up repair if you have a disk or download an image of Win7 Home Premium x64 from DIGITAL RIVER. Use your original Win7 key if you are asked for one.

RealBeast

Titan
If you did not install a second OS on the other drive, then you have only one. If you still do not get a proper startup when you select legacy HDD (SATA 0) as your first boot device, then you need to do a startup repair to fix the bootloader. So download the correct Win7 Home Premium x64 image, burn to DVD, place it in the drive, restart, boot from the disk, and select startup repair.

fearme99

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
Okay i forgot to tell you...The drive SATAO...Ehm...When i pressed ESC at hp startup screen, i went into booting menu and pressed SATAO...It did work, im on the computer now.The problem still persists..I don't want to boot up from SATAO everytime i start the computer..Well i don't want to go into the booting menu and choose is everytime.

RealBeast

Titan
That is why I told you to do a start up repair to fix the bootloader, so that it will start up from the HDD automatically.

fearme99

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013

If you scroll up alittle i posted a picture of my booting thing.

fear some hp pc have the windows cd as a hidden partion on the main hard drive. you have to hit an f key to start the system restore. if not there should be a restore cd for the hp. if there a vailid windows oem number on the pc there are a few legal web sites that you can download window iso from and put them on a usb stick and run the windows installer from.

RealBeast

Titan
Unless you go back and read my first post to the link for Digital River, where you can download a legit full install disk of the same as your OS (Home Premium 64 bit) and burn it to a DVD as I advised to begin with.

Windows 7 is on a DVD not a CD.. if you have the DVD, that's what you've been told to use to repair the bootloader.. but first try EasyBCD or Vista Boot Pro and repair the bootloader and make it simple.

The application should show which drive Windows 7 is on.. if it's not in C, use the Add New Entry button to replace or correct the previous entry. You only have to make sure there's an OS entry named Windows 7, referring to drive C:

If you have trouble understanding the application take a shot (or a few) of what appears in the application and upload it to tinypic and post it here.

http://tinypic.com/
http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap/download-free-version.html

RealBeast

Titan
You can also just make a system repair disc using one CD (not a DVD, just a CD) by typing system repair disc into the start button search box and using the wizard or by using the technique on THIS short video -- it takes about 2 minutes to make that repair disk that will allow you to do the same repair that I linked the instructions for.

BwwwJ1st

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012

I have an HP 1280T and have always had boot issues with the UEFI. In your picture I disabled all UEFI boot devices and left the legacy boot settings the same as your picture. My HP boots fine with the UEFI boot devices disabled.