Sign in with
Your question

oc dell pII

Last response: in CPUs
April 22, 2002 8:22:34 PM

Is there anyway to change the multiplier on a dell pII 233 using an intel al440lx chipset...the bios wont let me edit any of the processor settings. Tried updating the bios but the new version doesnt allow it either.

More about : dell pii

April 22, 2002 8:34:40 PM

I don't recall them being locked?
I don't know but maybe it's that they are old DELL's, but that's a far off bet. You shouldn't even bother with these CPUs, they are anyways built with Dell's bad cooling and mobos, so it ain't gonna work as well as a clone P2 233 system.
You can try upping the BUS though in some other way?

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol: 
April 22, 2002 9:35:00 PM

I've managed to OC a Dell233 to a Dell266 [p2]...maintained a stable system. But I wasn't using a Dell Board...was an FIC for replacement, and I think it was 400Lx of some sort, though I'm not 100% sure. It was a manual jumper setting I used to make its multiplier one higher. May have gone even higher...but I didn't try (doubt those little things can take a whole heck of a lot..but then again, what do you have to loose?).

If I don't get my 90THz AMD Quadraplex system soon, I'm afraid I may just combust right here.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2002 2:58:50 AM

Yep. There is a jumper on the board that puts you into configuration mode, on the lower front corner. Use that to get in, and change the multiplier to 5x. That should work, as long as you don't overheat, giving you 333MHz.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
April 23, 2002 6:12:38 AM

thanx crash
!