Currently I have a desktop but it's getting a bit old now. As I'm at Uni I figure a laptop would be good so I can go in and work on stuff and then do the same at home without having to keep transferring files and what not. Also when I go home then I don't have to lug my monitors and tower around.
Here's my info:
1. What is your budget?
£800 to £900 would be ideal though might go a bit more for the right laptop.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17". Don't want anything smaller.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
As high as possible, no lower than 1600x900 I guess.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It's more of a desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?
Shouldn't matter, 3 hours would be good but this isn't a focus point.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I do, but I need it more for 3D Modelling and Level Design. Games I will want to play are Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Star Wars The Old Republic and a few others. As long as they go highish I don't mind.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
3D Modelling, Level Design (Unreal Editor, etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
About 700Gig, more the better though.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
About 3 years, more would be nice but I doubt they will last much longer than that. 3 years could be hoping for a lot aswell.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just a DVD Writer.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't mind what brand, though if it's more recognised then that'll be better.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Don't think there is anything, just thanks for looking at my post.
So I was looking at the Dell XPS 17" laptop as they have £300 discount ATM but it'll expire before I can get the cash. Open to all suggestions. Will be planning to get it in September just before I go back to Uni.
Those Dell 'deals' keep popping up. There will probably be a new one as soon as they realize they didn't sell 'em all in August.
At the mid-point of your budget range with middle range CPU/GPU peformance: ASUS N73SV-TZ193V £700
i5-2410M Sandy Bridge CPU, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Blu-Ray, 17.3" 1920x1080 LCD w/
Dedicated GT 540M Graphics, Integrated Bang & Olufsen Speakers, 2 Year ASUS Warranty