Who here had seen the P4 splash screen?

eden

Champion
My uncle's PC(clone) had a P4 1.7GHZ, and on bootup it would not show POST but rather a nice flashy P4 logo screen, in an orangy background. I had also seen P3 splash POST screens that had a P3 slot card with electrical current coming towards it in a green and blue background.
Do all P4s have this? If not, who has seen this and how did you put it?

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol:

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i think that is a bios mod that some oems do...i think...
there is a guide somewhere on how to make those bios screens...like those on dell, ibm, and the likes...
but i CANT FIND IT!!! :frown:
i was going to do it...because it is cool...make some picture, and put it in the bios.
i have modded the epa logo on some of my motherboards...like my old mp3 box had "MP3 INSIDE" and my rendition of the winamp equalizer visualization under it...looked sweet, but i sent that mobo to my friend in michigan.
if anyone knows where to get the program to make the bios screen thing in question, and how to do it...let me know...i want to do it...and i guess eden does too...ahyuk!

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm AMDMeltdown's splash screen:

"Melting AMD right through the core! "

:smile:

AHYUK!

Hmm, I like this book I'm reading:

HOW TO MELT AN AMD PROCESSOR!

1.) Take the HSF off

I tried that but I forgot my hand on the processor. My hand consumed most of the heat, and the machine turned off. The processor still hasn't melted and I ended up with an AMD trademark scar on my hand. AHYUK!

Noo!! AMD has scarred me for life! AHYUK!!

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

eden

Champion
Ok I will ask this last-resort question again: Are you drunk? :lol: ....lol no seriously!

--

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
LOL...nice...
that is really PDA...(palmdale approved for the layman)
hmm..havent tried that with my athlon...but i did stop the fan on my old overclocked k6-2 350 running at 450...things got a little warm, until i took an athlonxp retail heatsink, and put that on it...with no fan running, the heatsink was still cold! LOL...
man...your hand must be hurtin! all thems blisters! AHYUK!
but you gots a purdy scar thar!AHYUK!

-DAvid

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
yeah..but to make one of those oem screens...like on this ibm laptop i am working on...or the dell i fixed last week.
they have a picture, and say, Press F1 to enter bios utility, press f12 to select temporary boot device.
that would be something cool to make...

-DAvid

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
He's using an Intel Motherboard. I made a P3 sys a while back for a friend i use an Intel Mobo and instead of posting your usually start up it, intel puts the P3 logo over. It looks pretty cool but its not 1337 as the old system setup :p

I invented ctrl-alt-del but Bill [Gates] made it famous - Dave Bradley IBM PC designer

eden

Champion
I am hoping at the moment in Toronto, it's getting late so you can get some sleep. And maybe tommorow you'll be more "normal", eh?
G'night dude!!!

--

TRENDING THREADS