Sign in with
Your question

AMD IS RACIST!!!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 23, 2002 4:09:50 PM

look! <A HREF="http://www.vanshardware.com/news/2002/04/020422_AMD_Exe..." target="_new">bigots run AMD</A>

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

More about : amd racist

April 23, 2002 4:13:15 PM

AMDMeltdown is a hypocrite!!

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
April 23, 2002 4:23:36 PM

yup, he's a big ol hypocrite!!

You GeForce Ti4xxx is faster then my R8500 but my R8500 is the king of Aniso baby :cool:
Related resources
April 23, 2002 4:50:40 PM

It's all crap. Any excuse to sue. How do you know they looked at his background and found it to be criminal? You know nothing about the case so shut up. Hypocrite.

Take the racist card and stick it up your a$$ unless you want to see another civil war.

It's not funny and needs to delt with seriously. We don't need people like you magnifying the issue! It's already tearing America apart again. Some African Americans want to be segragated again. Even though people like Martin Luther King worked so hard to end segragation. Look it up in the news. There was a college where a bunch of AA college students wanted to be segragated from whites.

Point is it is a very sensitive and very serious issue!

Stupid moron ... your lucky you don't live near me or i would so kick your ass.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
April 23, 2002 5:03:44 PM

Because physical violence solves everything? People like Martin Luther King worked against that sort of attitude.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>
April 23, 2002 5:05:56 PM

I'd hardly say you deserve the "(Honorary Poster)" tag. All you do is post the stupidest things in attempts to get people all riled up. From here on out I'll just ignore you "you jackass"

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!
April 23, 2002 5:22:33 PM

blah .. people are just stupid. They don't understand what so many people died for. They just see the violence and an outcome, but don't understand what so many people died for and what they tried to accomplish. Which was a non-totalitarian state. Remember MLK died for his cause. He gave his life for future generations. Now you have greedy morons screwing it up.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
April 23, 2002 5:29:12 PM

Since when do you accept stories from Van's Hardware?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 23, 2002 6:28:00 PM

This was out 3 days ago, where have you been?

Whatcha gonna do when the trolls run wild on you?!?!?!
April 23, 2002 6:29:25 PM

Good point, but this story is out all over the web on more reliable sites.

April 23, 2002 6:30:48 PM

Even more reason to wonder why he posted a link to Van's Hardware.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 23, 2002 6:30:56 PM

If this story is true, which I think it is, I am ashamed of the AMD execs.

April 23, 2002 6:37:10 PM

Hey dude wheres your friend Kennyshin to back you up on this one ?!

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>
April 23, 2002 6:48:27 PM

What is everyone complaining about? I saw nothing to start this yelling at AMDMeltdown. Of course, I didn't pay much attention to his past threads, so I can't say much for his past.

I'm not saying it's wrong to yell at him, I would just like to know why to yell at him.

-<font color=green>"<i>Tis not a <b>man</b>, tis a <b>monster</b>!</i>"</font color=green>
April 23, 2002 7:07:35 PM

He simply posts things like this to discredit AMD. Most are wild rumors or oppinions, and he will repost something again after it's been posted. He will spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt), and all his subjects are always in caps with lots of ! in them.

This particular case, this is a serious subject, but he failed to bring it up with any tact, because he feels it will tarnish AMD.

As for what he actualy brought up, I'd like to know more before I pass judgement. At first glance, it looks bad, but we don't know everything yet.

The Windows Gods demand money to appease the BSOD! - Rev. Bill Gates
April 23, 2002 7:12:23 PM

Do some of you guys live here? Or are there some slow moving jobs out there? In just 2.5 hours...the amount of responses to this silly post is astonishing, yet when folks ask for help...it takes forever to get a response.

Tis a silly place

We eat ham and jam and spam a lot!

If I don't get my 90THz AMD Quadraplex system soon, I'm afraid I may just combust right here.
April 23, 2002 7:16:45 PM

See? I keep saying Monty Python quotes will fit in any conversation, at any time :cool:

April 23, 2002 7:33:57 PM

ahh you see it too?

See i'm not the only one.

The reason why they never help any is because they don't know. Why are they on a computer forum then, probably because they like to spam and have nothing else to do.

April 23, 2002 8:41:03 PM

What about you, you frickin' racist?
Yeah that's right. You try to segregate Canadians claiming nobody should trust them because they live in the upper north with cold weather, which negates a reason that AMDs are overheating? Get the hell out of here and stop your racism Meltdown, I'm serious. If I wanted I'll tell Fredi about this issue.

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol: 
April 23, 2002 8:44:16 PM

Yup, that's why I called him a hypocrite!

April 23, 2002 9:02:06 PM

What's wrong with you?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
April 23, 2002 9:25:48 PM

It would have been cool if nobody had replied to melty's initial post. Maybe then he'd get the message that we're not interested in what he has to say.

<i>Money talks. Mine always likes to say "goodbye." :smile: </i>
April 23, 2002 9:40:45 PM

LOL.
I guessed I missed that one - I think it woth keeping melty around just as a comunity clown ;) 

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled
April 23, 2002 11:11:06 PM

Amdmeltdown is Racist. And very dumb.
April 23, 2002 11:19:30 PM

Kanazz, meltdown is the forums biggest troll, he is always deserved of the flaming.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
April 24, 2002 3:06:42 AM

LOL! I guess I hit a major nerve! keep it coming mongrels!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
April 24, 2002 3:52:11 AM

doesn't surprise me, alot of people think descrimination against arabs and moslems is ok. Well it's not, and there are a billion moslems on earth, and most of them do not support the attacks of sept 11. Just like only a fringe group of christians support extreme right wing and hate groups that say they promote "christian" values.

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>
April 24, 2002 4:38:30 AM

Being hateful against Canadians isn't racism. More like discrimination from place of origin. Seeing that "Canada" really isn't a race...

Most people classify it into white, black, asian, hispanic, and middle eastern. There are more of course...

IMO, disliking all Chinese wouldn't be racist (thought it would be ignorant), but asians as a whole would. Or maybe disliking Chinese BECAUSE they are asian. But Melty isn't discriminating against Candadians because they are caucasian.

That's just my view.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>
April 24, 2002 4:51:26 AM

<font color=blue>sure no problem! but im only replying to increase my post count :smile:

was wonderin when you would get around to postin this... a bit slow for your usual efficient self.</font color=blue>

Despite appearances im not Phsysic. I may need your system specifications to solve your problem!
April 24, 2002 4:52:18 AM

who says canadians are caucassian? Yes there are many people here of british/european etc.. decent here but not all canadians are typical caucassians. The only TRUE canadians would be the natives and inuit people.

April 24, 2002 4:59:18 AM

Quote:
there are a billion Moslems on earth, and most of them do not support the attacks of sept 11. Just like only a fringe group of christians support extreme right wing and hate groups that say they promote "christian" values.

From what I have found, 80% of the mosques in the U.S. preach the Wahabi (forgive my spelling, yep that’s old infidel me) form of the Muslim faith. You know, the one that tells that the infidels should die? And why are all the Imams (once again, dunno bout the correct spelling) in the US all foreign born? Is it that you cant have someone preaching against a system of liberties once you have enjoyed its splendors? (and if you disagree with the splendors part, go try living in the soviet block, or in china.) 80% does not seem like fringe to me.

When will we look past this PC crap? When did a person of a discriminating nature become bad? I see where this whole forum is heading…. And I have one thing to ask. If all the terrorists where Arab (Saudi Arabian to be exact), all of them where Muslim, all of them where guys, does it make sense for us to search a 65 year old Chinese woman and an old Texas Cowboy looking man (dramatization)?

<b>NO!</b>

Just like I wouldn’t buy a new car from Chevy or Ford that was prone to 80% of the time catch fire….
[/rant]

Crashing takes on a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s. :tongue:
April 24, 2002 5:04:00 AM

And as for this forum heading in directions, AMDMeltdown, you need a life. Its a chip, it runs you computer, not your brain (least I hope not). Unless you got stock in intel and see your prices fluctuate from making these post, do you keyboard a favor and stop touching it.

April 24, 2002 5:04:42 AM

Maybe you didn't know, but there are millions and millions of moslems from south east asia. Assuming the "middle eastern" ones are the terrorists proves that the American government can't even get their racial/religious profiling right.

Quote:
When did a person of a discriminating nature become bad?

ever since hitler

April 24, 2002 5:19:29 AM

Well, what I ment as a discriminating nature was when you can tell who not to associate with. You know, people like Hitler (who used the easy to find scapegoats in order to unite people under him for political power. Hell, he wasnt german, and his grandma was Jewish, not to mention the lack of blonde hair/blue eyes on himself).

As for the asian muslims, how is it that soldiers in afganistan have been finding chinese supplies in bunkers, after fighting asiam muslims that came over to join in the fight? and Millions? there are BILLIONS of muslims? so you are saying that a few mill out of the bill are not with this? Sorry still dont make sense in my book.

Hey, Im not the one blowing up innocents here. Every major terroist attack on the US in how many years has had a middle eastren tie.

And Im not trying to be racist. I just hate all a*^holes. I just notice that a lot of them tend to gather in groups, be it religous or political.

April 24, 2002 7:14:29 AM

uuummmmm..... does he think they all live outside? lol.

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....
April 24, 2002 7:34:30 AM

SO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC:

Is Sanders et. al. racist?
Dont think so. Here is the more likely scenario. Flash memory is in the toilet right now. It literally is sucking ass. So AMD has been slashing the memory dept and trying to sell of its small flash fab. Walid doesnt know much else, so he was fired/quit/retired whatever. Since he cant get a job (a decent exec lvl one) in such a crap market. He sues.
To prove what he is alleging is near impossible. And every company under the sun has been sued for this. So claiming it will damage AMDs reputation is bull. Even if they settle, it doesnt prove a thing. Many companies settle for huge sums cuz its still cheaper than going to court.

Just checked... i see that it was Intel inside (big shock) that pulled this thread off topic, thanks

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.
April 24, 2002 10:13:35 AM

LMFAO! I can't believe you guys take this so seriously. There is nothing that cannot be laughed at or made fun of. If you are to uptight to laugh about any subject maybe you need to lighten up a little.
Do you really think Meltdown would post this stuff if it didn't get a rise out of you? He's sitting in his chair laughing his ass off at you guys.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 24, 2002 10:17:55 AM

Hey you guys have you not worked him out yet! He loves the attention so why give it.. :lol:  ya just been sucked in again. heh

<A HREF="http://www.herveybayqueensland.com/whalephotos.html" target="_new">My backyard </A>
April 24, 2002 11:30:43 AM

doesnt this thread belong in the other section?
amdmeltdown is having a laugh at your expense! he WANTs u to go up in smoke and thats exactly wat u did! just ignore the sad little man....
btw this is to everyone... :frown:

Earth is full. Go home.
April 26, 2002 7:43:14 PM

How nice of you to remember me still.

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal
April 26, 2002 7:51:27 PM

How could we forget our good buddy Kennyshin, who brought so much love and joy to this forum?

April 26, 2002 8:01:13 PM

Right. Likewise, the rest of the world will remember your war for another generation or two.

Ugliest community in the world.

Idiots.

April 26, 2002 8:15:23 PM

Not again. :frown:

Kennyshin when are you going to grow up and realize Americans are as human as you are.

April 26, 2002 8:50:42 PM

Who said anything about "Americans"? Do you think the President of the United States of America represent the entire population in the Americas?

Not again? Again what? Just what did you do here during the days I never wrote anything here?

What I said was to encourage you to think about what the rest of the entire world feel and think about what the US government has done to many countries. There ARE billions and you pretend as if 0.3 billion US population has more rights and power than 3 plus billions of people.

It's just ugly of you to say as if you are the average North American. You are just a very limited and small fanatics working hard for a wrong company in the most fanatic and violent way imaginable in the most fanatic computer forum in the world.

If someone posted that news somewhere else, the discussions most probably should have been on the behavior of AMD executives rather than one person who criticizes AMD's products and policies. That's what makes you ugliest idiots PLUS worst racists.

April 26, 2002 8:51:22 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure which war you mean. Korean war? The current one?

And if this forum is so horrible, why do you keep coming back? Just leave and get some sleep at night.

Quote:
You are just a very limited and small fanatics working hard for a wrong company in the most fanatic and violent way imaginable in the most fanatic computer forum in the world.

Wow, I never realized that my posting here was worse than, say, blowing up an abortion clinic.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 04/26/02 01:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 26, 2002 8:56:41 PM

Do you own this forum?

Do you think all the people in this forum are like you and you have THE voice?

Who said anything about the war half a century ago?

April 26, 2002 9:33:08 PM

Quote:
Do you own this forum?

No, and I fail to see why that matters right now.

Quote:
Do you think all the people in this forum are like you and you have THE voice?

What do you mean by "THE" voice?

Quote:
Who said anything about the war half a century ago?

I was asking which war you meant because I don't know. So am I correct in assuming you're talking about the current war, then?

April 26, 2002 10:24:08 PM

Kennyshin, you're trapped in the past. Don't let hate cloud you. One day there will be no Korea, no America, only Earth. Let's start aiming for a harmonious future by respecting each other rather than making these fruitless hate comments. For what it's worth, you seem like a nice guy with good intensions but you're clouded by misconceptions. Set your opinions aside and let's start fresh, as equal humans please.

April 26, 2002 11:57:40 PM

Kennyshin, you are no longer welcome here. We don't need any racist, prejudice, rude, and disrespectful members.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
!