Sign in with
Your question

Can't install win7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 26, 2013 5:26:44 PM

So this morning I tried reinstalling win7 64-bit ultimate(i have a copy on DVD and it worked fine the first time i installed it) but I think I may have messed up somewhere.

Every time I try to install windows, it gives me an error saying boot manager is missing/bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete/etc. Sometimes I can get to the actual installment but when it hits "expanding windows files" it'll stop, and give me an error which in detail tells me that bootmanager is missing.

I've tried the windows recovery environment, command prompt(diskpart, bootfix etc), I've tried changing my BIOS settings, I've tried resetting my BIOS settings via default settings button on the menu and taking out the cmos battery, changed ports, changed cables.

More about : install win7

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 5:32:54 PM

profaitor said:
So this morning I tried reinstalling win7 64-bit ultimate(i have a copy on DVD and it worked fine the first time i installed it) but I think I may have messed up somewhere.

Every time I try to install windows, it gives me an error saying boot manager is missing/bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete/etc. Sometimes I can get to the actual installment but when it hits "expanding windows files" it'll stop, and give me an error which in detail tells me that bootmanager is missing.

I've tried the windows recovery environment, command prompt(diskpart, bootfix etc), I've tried changing my BIOS settings, I've tried resetting my BIOS settings via default settings button on the menu and taking out the cmos battery, changed ports, changed cables.

the the master boot record on the hard drive is damaged or there a virus there you need a dos disk or a hirem boot cd and do a fdisk/mbr to remove the damaged boot record.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 6:47:56 PM

You can delete the partition and repartition and format the drive... when the install get to the point where it asks where to place the install click on advanced and delete the partition there and then repartition the drive.
m
l
!