LOST RAID 5 DISK CONFIGURATION

I have 6 drives (one hot spare) from a RAID 5 config on a DELL
poweredge 4400 with a PERC3 controller. I stupidly removed the
drives, set them aside and when I picked them up to put them in a box,
I forgot what order they were in. Does anyone know how to find out
what order they were in?

Can the drive ID information be read from the drives? Software
perhaps?

Can I simply put them back in the controler and have it recognise them
correctly?

I really need to recover this data and am not sure what to do as there
are no backups.

If I put them back in the wrong order, will it rebuild the Array and
erase my data?

Any help would be great appreciated!

Jaye

It may take you a while, but it's going to be trial and error.