U.S. Robotics Wireless Turbo Access Point & Router

Will a "U.S. Robotics Wireless Turbo Access Point &
Router" work with my Windows XP Operating system.? I keep
getting a product does not have Windows Compliant Brand
or something like that? Help! Do I need a patch or
something?

Lee
2 answers Last reply
More about robotics wireless turbo access point router

    You would need to check the information on the U.S. Robotics web site, Lee.
    This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and
    software, not general networking in the XP operating system or other
    products.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Will a "U.S. Robotics Wireless Turbo Access Point &
    > Router" work with my Windows XP Operating system.? I keep
    > getting a product does not have Windows Compliant Brand
    > or something like that? Help! Do I need a patch or
    > something?
    >
    > Lee

    Yes it will.. I've got a USR 8054, and 2 PCs running
    XP. Get the latest drivers from the USR website, although
    any driver they have works. If the PC running XP is using
    a USR wireless adapter vs. hard-wired, disable the "Allow
    Windows XP to
    manage this wireless connection", and use the utility that
    comes with the USR adapter. Ignore the msgs about MS
    WinXP certification testing when installing.
    ie. Click "Continue anyway."

    The only real problem I've had is dropping wireless
    connections and/or interference. I've got 2.4Ghz devices
    everywhere.. I've found the Channel 5 gives me the best
    reception, and no disconnects.

    Good luck !

Routers Wireless Robotics Networking