Windows 7 startup repair

MariaZ

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

When I turn my computer on, it goes to Startup-repair, and won't do anything else, just running for a day now, what can I do? I don't have a recovery disc.

Thank you

Maria

MC_K7

Distinguished
Did you try to boot in safe mode and use system restore?

If it's a system from a big manufacturer (Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, etc...) there's a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive. Check your system manual to know which key to press to boot on it. The recovery partition is the same as a recovery cd.

If everything else fails, then you can contact your system manufacturer and ask for a recovery cd, but most of them will charge you for that I think.

MariaZ

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I did try the safe mode, but it did the same thing. I couldn't see the system restore on the list, but will check again.It's an HP, unfor tunately I don't have a system manual.

Thank you

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

What model of HP is your system? You should be able to find how to boot from the recovery partition with a bing/google search of your model number. And its not that unusual to not have a full manual for the system. I bought my HP laptop in 2009 and it came with some paperwork but part of the paperwork was a card directing me to a digital manual.

Go to the following site and enter the product number, if you do not know the product number there is a link below the search box that tells you how to find said number.

This link will lead you to support for your system.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?tmp_forceView=desktop&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en