Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Combination of firewall, antivirus, antimal/spyware available for 2013

Last response: in Windows 7
February 26, 2013 7:37:54 PM

Hello. I am not that great or terrible with computers, although I would like to be able to navigate around and not fear my laptop crapping out every 3 months because of some light pirating. I research and learn everything on the internet. There doesnt seem to be a simple (as in, for people who arent acquainted entirely with computer history background and terms) tutorial set anywhere that explains to "idiots" or "noobs" or whatever, how to be a safe pirate, or a collective instruction on what to realistically avoid (im not going to avoid a dictionary website because there MAY be malware hanging about..) on the internet, or simply how to care for your ___ kind of computer. Im assuming because every one of these things has differences. My first question, I guess, right there.. Does anyone have knowledge of a website(s) that are good in explaining troubleshooting or care (the windows websites are..... really mostly bad.)?

Second, where the thread title comes in, what is the current (2013) best FREE combination of firewall, antivirus, and anti malware and spyware options available?

Please, any help from some one who can guide me in the right direction on learning how to use computers (and which spyware destroying software gets the job done) while not having to pay for a time consuming college course that doesnt even tell me what I need anyhow...? Would be greatly appreciated!
February 26, 2013 7:40:54 PM

Probably not too many people willing to help you on here since you admitted in the 2nd line that you pirate and that is why you need extra protection.
Score
February 26, 2013 7:52:50 PM

so are you suggesting in the future i lie about that stuff? i noticed theres alot of hypocrisy in that area floating around on the internet..
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 7:58:25 PM

@ thatwhichisi (i suggest you to read the forum rules before posting some comments ) and do some googling you will find what you need .
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 8:06:07 PM

multiple security programs on one computer = fail

i recommend Common Sense 2013
Score
February 26, 2013 8:13:33 PM

we are on the internet. perfect excuse for people to be assholes. if anyone reads, you will detect tone of voice throughout was never intended to be disrespectful. i didnt read the forum rules, because while searching/reading on this forum, it gave me the option to ask so readily, that well, i figured it may be a faster way for me to get my homework done. multiple virus programs = bad. i have read numerous times and know people who have a different antivirus and malware program. people just have to add something, though, huh.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 8:16:08 PM

thatwhichisi said:
so are you suggesting in the future i lie about that stuff? i noticed theres alot of hypocrisy in that area floating around on the internet..

If you pirate stuff you're going to get infected. So besides basically asking for a tutorial on pirating and violating forum rules you're not just not worth the time. You're going to get infected no matter what software you're running because you're trying too get infected.
Score
a b 8 Security
a c 411 $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 8:16:35 PM

Hello. I am not that great or terrible with computers, although I would like to be able to navigate around and not fear my laptop crapping out every 3 months because of some light pirating < End of thread

Piracy

When someone installs and uses commercial software without paying for the program, it is called "pirating" the software. This name comes from the traditional meaning of the word "pirate," which is a sea-faring criminal that steals and loots belongings from others. But far from the stereotypical sea pirate, a software pirate can be anyone who owns a computer. Software piracy is committed by simply downloading or copying a program that a user has not paid for.

Since computer programs are stored in a digital format, they are easy to copy and reproduce. For example, a game may be burned to a CD and transferred to the computer of an individual who has not paid for the program. Software programs can also be illegally downloaded from the Internet from unauthorized sources. Since pirating software does not require many resources, it has grown into a major problem for the computer industry.

While it may seem like an innocuous act, pirating software is the same as stealing. Software companies often invest thousands or even millions of dollars into creating the programs they sell. The income from selling these programs is what allows companies to produce the software and to continue improving the programs we use. Just because it is possible to copy a software program does not mean it is OK. Installing a commercial program from an illegal copy is the same thing as walking out of a store with the program and not paying for it.

While there are some programs that are free to use (such as shareware and freeware programs), it is important to pay for commercial software. You can avoid software piracy by only downloading software from authorized sources and making sure that you have valid software licenses for all the programs you use. Remember that paying for software programs supports the software industry, which is good for all of us!

techterms.com

******* More info on Software Piracy *******
http://www.ehow.com/about_6311820_software-piracy_.html
Score
a b 8 Security
a c 411 $ Windows 7
February 26, 2013 8:17:30 PM

Best answer selected by SR-71 Blackbird.
Score
!