Is this computer good? Asus X53U-SX028V

Status
Not open for further replies.

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi guys was thinking to buy a computer and i found this Asus X53U-SX028V..

The specs of the computer:

Processor: AMD Fusion C50 1.0 GHz
Memory: 3GB (DDR3 1066MHz) (Max.8GB)
Hard Drive: 320GB (5400rpm)
ODD: DVD-Writer supporting dual-layer
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD6250
Screen: 15.6 "HD LED (1366x768) 16:9
Networking: WLAN-N, GB-LAN.
Other: HDMI, VGA, 3xUSB 2.0, Card Reader, Webcam, Fast Boot.
Color: Dark Brown
Battery: 6-cell
Weight: 2.6 Kg
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

And i also have something called ASUSIceCool...

Is this good?.. how long can the battery life last, if i watch a movie or keep it standby?

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

Yea thats right.. im not going that play much or edit anything... only web browsing, movies and music.

the thing is, i live in sweden... and the prices here and in US are not the same... in sweden this is a good price, and i dont trust online stores that is outside sweden =P

i mean if something happens to the computer where can i send it, so they can repair it?
is it really safe to buy there?
how about the warranty, how long is that?

Ok, they only ship within America.

The good thing about ASUS is their 2 years on site pick up, global warranty on almost all of their laptop. You may want to check before you buy.

I suggest buying in another European country, possibly Germany (I think they are cheaper there, you may ask the people in the German forum).

I am not sure if that is common to ship computer to another country within Europe. But for me, the distance is like buying from another state which I do a lot.

My ASUS laptop was shipped from Singapore to Adelaide, Australia within a week.

I had it sent to Melbourne from Adelaide which is about 700km away when my HDD die (not ASUS fault, you really have to blame Seagate for that problem) and they picked it up from my house Wednesday morning and I got it back fixed Friday afternoon.

So I am really happy about ASUS after sale service in my region.

For your purpose, the laptop will do all you need and the battery, I guess conservatively, it can run at least 4 hours for office use. In Sweden, you probably need less cooling and get a bit more battery and runs better (can go above 45 degree Celsius in South Australia in summer and no over heating on my model I am using.)

Ayush Henry

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
I'm using this laptop since last few weeks, and i find it quite useful. gaphics are good enough for some a little aged games. response is good but make sure that u equip it with a light weight antivirus.
I have avast internet security, on c-60 procesor, 4 gb ram, 320 hdd, and m much into internet, movies and songs and a little video conversion for cellphones, word processing.
It runs pretty well. And u either ways, you cannot expect much from a budget laptop to perform as equivallent to intel i5-7.
In India it costed me Rs. 21,500. That over here is quite affordable

Status
Not open for further replies.