No driver found

tkmcherryhill

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I am not at all computer savy. I slammed the lid on my pavilion g6 and can no longer sign in or get online. Took to office depot and they told me broken hard drive. $350.00 to fix. I bought a new hard drive and put it in. The computer kept asking for bootable disc. I installed windows 7 and now it say's i have no drivers. All the websites tell me to go to disc management and they talk about update. Update what I can not get online. I have no internet access. Like I said I know nothing about computers. When I installed the windows disc it did not ask if I wanted to partition or format or nothing. It installed by itself. All I clicked was install and custome. Should I put it in the garbage and buy one already loaded. Everyone gets discusted because I dont undrestand. Please Help :cry:

neo_classical

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
The HP website doesn't seem to have the drivers (or at least not on the page I clicked on for the Pavillion G6).
However, if you go to this website: http://www.driverhp.net/notebook/hp-g6-1a59wm-notebook-drivers.html then you can find all the drivers you need.
Since you can get on Tom's just download the drivers to a USB drive on the computer you can connect to the internet on, pop it in your machine and install from there.
Hopefully that should do it. You'll need to download everything from that page more than likely.
If you want to check, click start, right click computer, then properties. From there, click device manager and see what icons have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in - they're the ones you need drivers for.
Hope that helps!
JT

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

He just did that, he needs help installing the drivers post-format.

OP, what I suggest is going to the HP support website using whatever system you are using to post here, download the driver packages for your laptop to a USB drive and install on the laptop that way.

Go to the following site and enter the product number, if you do not know the product number there is a link below the search box that tells you how to find said number.

This link will lead you to support and drivers for your system.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?tmp_forceView=desktop&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en