AXP stock cooling

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
Hows the stock HSF that comes with a retail XP1700? I'm not gonna OC it. I just want to be confident that it will stay cool enough. I also have a Antec radial fin HSF (rated at 1.5Ghz) that I can use if that is a better option.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
stock HSF for a cpu running at stock speeds is fine...i wouldnt worry if i were you...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

eden

Champion
It's totally fine. Most think not but it's probably because they might have a Thunderbird, or an overclocked AXP.
However if you notice your case is very tight inside, and I mean VERY, 2 case fans will do nothing but help your system. (one intake, one exhaust) They only cost around 20$ together.

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Hows the stock HSF that comes with a retail XP1700? I'm not gonna OC it. I just want to be confident that it will stay cool enough. I also have a Antec radial fin HSF (rated at 1.5Ghz) that I can use if that is a better option.

Do you think amd would sell their chips with a hsf which didnt work?

Go with stock, you will be fine.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
I have a couple 1700+ retail CPUs deployed, the stock HSF is actually very good unless you are OCing, which you said you were not =)

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
I noticed your comment about tbird b4, but didnt comment. I have a 1400 Tbird, the hottest chip made and its ok with retail HSF!!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

eden

Champion
Ya of course, but I thought it might influence on the Retail's quality of cooling, but yeah if a Retail passes this chip, you definitly have a survivor there! I wonder if the P4's retail would do live through that.

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol: