Your question

I have been cooked eggs on AMD AthlonXP 2100+

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2002 9:43:07 AM

What can you say about it???
My friend have been bought Athlon 2100+ ..
And we have been cooked egss on it its quite tasty...
But for processor,it is very bad...(thermal diod fails)
We tryed to do this with intel pentium4 2.0GHz (a) not worked :( ((( Our eggs not even wormed enough...
So that can you advise to my friend..?He useing cooler but he hates noise from it...
April 26, 2002 9:52:34 AM

This one looks like flamebait to me.

"Just the facts ma'am"
April 26, 2002 10:22:51 AM

Tell your friend to stop boiling oil on his Athlon to fry eggs - it will make less noise if he puts the retail HSF in place (and stay cooler too). Plus, his new motherboard won't shut down when the pan gets too hot.

If you are having trouble getting your P4 hot enough to cook the eggs, you must not be installing the frying pan correctly - you need to have a good thermal connection or the P4 will go into thermal shock mode an throttle down the proc to prevent it from heating up. Your eggs will never cook this way. Since the P4 gets hotter than Athlon stock tempuratures, he must be doing something wrong. Make certain that the portion of the pan that is touching the P4 is lapped correctly (copper pans are best), that the HSF retention mechanism isn't piping heat off to the motherboard (it should be insulated from the HSF) and use a *very* small amount of Arctic Silver to aid in heat transfer. Overclocking the P4 to 2.5GHz could also help in obtaining the right temperature. If he gets sick of the burning oil smell, he can always go back to the stock HSF.

If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2002 11:08:15 AM

I don´t know how you do things in Russia, but here where I come from we usually cook/fry eggs with the help of an owen.

I am the MAN, the Man_Man!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Man_Man on 04/26/02 07:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 26, 2002 11:14:18 AM

I'm thinking that *_man should be banned.

With the exception of AMD_Man of course... :) 

Det finns inget dåligt väder - bara dåliga kläder
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2002 11:25:27 AM

You forgot me! :wink:

I am the MAN, the Man_Man!
April 26, 2002 11:35:22 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking that *_man should be banned.

With the exception of AMD_Man of course... :) 

LOL! :lol:  Those *_man people are crazy!

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
April 26, 2002 11:37:14 AM

I suggest you stop cooking eggs on the Athlon XP and you'll be fine.

As for the P4, FatBurger will tell you that it will cook eggs better than any Athlon. :wink:

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
April 26, 2002 2:13:18 PM

You guys are gonna die eating them foods...just use it to heat your frozen waffles...they are the staple of the american bachelor (them and ramen noodles and mac&cheez)

In fact, if you properly design your air flow, you can channel the heat to exit only through the power supply, at which you can attach a toaster over like device for all your cooking needs, and much less of a chance of getting oil on your northbridge. I would suggest a custom fan in your PSU as the standards are usually not powerfull enough to handle proper dissipation of ALL the heat from the PC.

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255
IF POST >= STUPID, THEN GOTO H3LL
April 26, 2002 2:47:15 PM

yes! top ramon and mac&cheese! gods gift to us single men!

you shot who in the what now?
April 26, 2002 6:16:49 PM

Has anyone ever eaten ramen noodles by the brand name of Smack?

<shudder>

I knew it was stupid to put anything named 'Smack' into my digestive system (not to mention just my mouth) but the price was so tempting that I couldn't resist experimenting... I guess you could say I was Smack-curious.

Oh the things I regret...

<font color=red>Bob knew he was screwed when he saw the label actually read 'Tactile Nuclear Device'.</font color=red>
April 26, 2002 6:19:33 PM

it was just called smack? you were tempted by the price??? must have been free! i get all my ramen for 20 cents a piece.

you shot who in the what now?
April 26, 2002 8:17:50 PM

Them Smack Ramen's weren't so bad...but then again, I don't think when I ate that brand I could taste much of anything, as the alcohol kept the buds numb. and $.20 a piece! Krikey, that's high...they go on sale round here for $.04 and usually cost $.10-.15

After that, they become rich man food.

Mmmmmm....crablegs

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255
April 26, 2002 9:21:34 PM

mmmmm
crablegs
and steak
mmmmm

single mans fewd if your not poor (or saving for a P4 =)
hell married mans fewd if your not poor!!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
April 26, 2002 9:21:51 PM

mmmmm
crablegs
and steak
mmmmm

single mans fewd if your not poor (or saving for a P4 =)
hell married mans fewd if your not poor!!

April 26, 2002 9:23:30 PM

Sorry for the double post....this network is goin to hell!

April 26, 2002 9:25:20 PM

You know, you could've just edited your second and apologized in that.

Oh well, free posts for all! :cool:

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 26, 2002 9:28:19 PM

But then he wouldn't have received the additional post (like yours).

If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
April 26, 2002 9:30:06 PM

But then he wouldn't have received the additional post (like yours).

April 26, 2002 9:30:56 PM

FatBurger...are you communist? You sure do seem to think you own this forum...do you?

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255
April 26, 2002 9:30:59 PM

Oops, Sorry about that! :tongue:

April 26, 2002 9:31:29 PM

Oops, Sorry about that! :tongue:

April 26, 2002 9:36:58 PM

How do I think I own this forum? And how would that make me communist if I did?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
April 26, 2002 9:47:14 PM

hahaha =)

April 26, 2002 11:49:04 PM

he 0wnZ this forum because his handle is <font color=green>green!</font color=green>

(bb || !bb) - Shakespeare
April 27, 2002 2:22:06 AM

Besides, doesn't anybody know here how to delete their own double posts? geez! (not targetted at you Fat)

Also I dunno why they say you control here, you just have an "extended reign" over the CPU region, lol. :lol:  :wink:

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol: 
April 27, 2002 2:30:31 AM

Post deletion often fails (at least in my case), even if no one has replied to the post being deleted.

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?
April 27, 2002 2:51:02 AM

Quote:
We tryed to do this with intel pentium4 2.0GHz (a) not worked :( ((( Our eggs not even wormed enough...

Yeah I just hate it when my breakfast hasn't been "wormed" enough little critters wiggle and tickle my tongue too much lol :lol: 

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>
!