Upgrade advice to play MOH:AA with a decent fps!!

G

Hi,
Im hooked on Medal of Honour but my PII 450, riva tnt 1 struggles to keep up with it. I want to upgrade but want to spend as little as possible so I am considering the following option, please give me your opinions:

Overclockers.co.uk mobo kit £120.67
Duron 1000,
PC Chips M841LR mobo
heatsink,

scan.co.uk
Chaintech GF4mx440 £83.40

Grand Total--£204.07

Do you think this setup will be able to play the latest game to a reasonable fps? I'm quite happy in 640x480, low detail mode, just want 60 fps or more

Many Thanks pete

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
it will give you excelent FPS - on higher resulotions as-well.

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

G

Im surprised MOHAA even runs on that setup.. and I especially refer to the TNT1 !!! Here is what I would do: buy a cheap (used ?) Geforce2 /Pro/Ultra, or maybe a GF3 Ti200 like Mat suggested if you can find any (I cant, not here in belgium) and keep the rest.. for 640x480 I think your P2 might suffice (worth trying at least). If not, you can still upgrade the rest.

Also, as Mat said, steer clear of the GF4MX series.. its a rip off; it really is a souped-up Geforce2 MX. A Geforce2/3 would definately be a better deal for gaming (or obviously a GF4 Ti if you can afford one, and will be upgrading the rest anyway)

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =