Concerned over MBM results...

zigzag

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2002
I just dled MBM 5, installed and setup. I'm alittle concerned over the results I've received. Prior to using MBM I was using the asusprobe. Everthing seemed normal with that. However, MBM is reporting that my -12V is at -10.42 and my -5 is at -2.16. Should I be concerned about this? I have an HEC 300AR-T power supply. My MB is an ASUS a7v 266 E.
Also, it is reporting my cpu speed at 1614MHz. I'm running an Athlon 1900+. Shouldn't it be at 1600? This may be nothing, but I wanted to consult with folks who know more than I. Your input is much appreciated.

-zigzag

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Those numbers are way too low. MBM is probably just misreading them. Use the Asus Probe, it'll be more accurate getting the voltage rails.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Those numbers are way too low. MBM is probably just misreading them. Use the Asus Probe, it'll be more accurate getting the voltage rails.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

G

Check them in the BIOS. as amd_man said, these values are too low to be believeable; your machine wouldnt boot. I recently experienced sudden stability problems with my setup.. after months and months without any issues, it suddenky started rebooting several times a day, for no reason. Checked the bios, and saw my 5v line only delivering 4.4v, and my +12 was only 11.3v. Bought a new PSU, and now all is fine again. The previous one by the way, was a "high quality" enermax 350W.. not too sure if I'll buy Enermax again, it wasnt even a year old, and cost 3x as much as a no-name 350W PSU...

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
However, MBM is reporting that my -12V is at -10.42 and my -5 is at -2.16.
I thought these <b>negative</b> voltages used for old ISA devices only that Asus A7V266-E doesn't have. Maybe that's why MBM misread them.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.