Any clue to when we get .13 from AMD

G

Hello All !

Well I been reading for a few weeks and even today I been told several times to wait a few days, a week, a few weeks, or even a month for the .13 CPU to be out and it looks as if it is a repeating process as that was being told to people back 2 weeks ago and even a month ago.

I take it everyone is under some spell that says you post this info and repeat it until it happens.

I do want a AMD CPU for several reason, but the best one is that INTEL CPU was tops with me until I seen the price to performance ratio and even with INTEL MOBO press release they are only just getting their ack on track so I may go back in a few years, but at this point AMD is my buy.

What I would like to know is can anyone say for any real way that it is going to be out soon and give me a date in some form like even the 2nd week and supply me with how you know that ?

Just hopping to find out if any of you have any real info or is it all guessing !

A computer built with some performace in mind will give you 10% more bang for your bulk s (ºoº)

dhlucke

Polypheme
Everything is a rumor or a guess. Latest blurb is mid-may to june.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

G

I thank ya for the input and just as I was thinking !

Guess I will be not hopping for a guess by end of first week to start of 2nd week in may and will go ahead with my plans !

Thanks for the input !

A computer built with some performace in mind will give you 10% more bang for your bulk s (ºoº)

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well at this rate im looking a 0.09micron. With all those fixes like L1 getting more *finally*, Fixed FPU, adding a ALU could look good.

You GeForce Ti4xxx is faster then my R8500 but my R8500 is the king of Aniso baby :cool:

shmeggegie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
Well at this rate im looking a 0.09micron. With all those fixes like L1 getting more *finally*, Fixed FPU, adding a ALU could look good.
You'll be waiting a long time, though, won't you? I honestly don't know when that change is going to happen, which is why I ask.

<b>Studies have shown that most people prefer the taste of AMD to the taste of Intel</b>

kusek

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
It's ridiculus. I even had to modify my Seinfeld sig.

<font color=green>"No Thoroughbred for you! Come back, 2 months."</font color=green>

chrismet86

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2001
I wish AMD would get it out. AMD can continue to dominate in the area of performance ONLY if they get their new hardware out on schedule.

if(GetSystemMetrics(SM_PROCESSOR) != AMD_PROCESSOR)
{
SendMessage(hwnd,WM_CLOSE,0,0);
}

FatBurger

Illustrious
Continue? I thought you had to actually be on top to be able to "continue" being on top? Or did the definition of "continue" change?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
con·tin·ue Pronunciation Key (kn-tny)
v. con·tin·ued, con·tin·u·ing, con·tin·ues
v. intr.
To go on with a particular action or in a particular condition; persist.
To exist over a prolonged period; last.
<b>To remain in the same state, capacity, or place:</b> She continued as mayor for a second term.
To go on after an interruption; resume: The negotiations continued after a break for lunch.

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
So why is the roadmap here on THG for AMD show the .13's as if they have already been released? Who painted that silly thing??? Hell...might as well just skip the Burton and Thoroughbred, and just go straight to the JACK.

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255
IF POST >= STUPID, THEN GOTO H3LL

G

I think he was only verified to be correct. If you read what he posted and what the bolded dictionary statement says... they say the exact same thing :)

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
I want my point one three...

By the time they get them out, Guillemont will have their .06 on the market.

:!

DIM POST, STUPID
POST = INPUT $X
STUPID = PEEK 420, 255
IF POST >= STUPID, THEN GOTO H3LL

FatBurger

Illustrious
I think he was only verified to be correct. If you read what he posted and what the bolded dictionary statement says... they say the exact same thing :)

Just what I was going to say, thank you.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I might be going to the dark side soon in one fell swoop.
Probably selling almost my entire rig (CPU (AXP 1800+), mobo (KR7A-RAID), ram, sound card (GTXP), case, PSU) and then getting a P4 overclocking rig, and an Audigy.
Intel and Creative labs, the ultimate dark side computer :smile:

FatBurger

Illustrious
The difference between the P4 and the Audigy being that the P4 is actually a good product.

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
Why in the name of all things holy would you dump you're GTXP for a Audigy?! I mean, the GTXP is just a superior product, and I have yet to come across any incompatability problems, where SB has a history of issues (VIA southbridge anyone?) Plus, the Rack is just phenomenal, and the sound quality is top-notch. I'll agree with FatBurger here that the P4 is quality... but not the Audigy.

-SammyBoy

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that funny SammyBoy I had VIA chips from athlon 700mhz to 1800+ No problem here. My guess would be is the person that installs the soundblaster live.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've never had problems with Creative Labs in several different via boards either. But after doing some researching in the hard forums I think I'm going to get a Santa Cruz, and I'm selling my GTXP because I need some extra $$$ to make my P4 rig better :smile: a nice LCD from Matrix Orbital to show off clock speeds and such, and a nice Green Cold Cathode Tube. Gosh I'm such a nerd sometimes, but then again arn't we all.

FatBurger

Illustrious
There is a known conflict between the 686b and the Live, but I used both of those without that problem. Lots of others, but not that specific problem.

Oni, good call. The Santa Cruz is a great card. And yes, we're all a little nerdy some of the time. And some of us are a lot nerdy all of the time :lol:

G

ComputerGeek,

Ignore all of these other useless responses by these people, and here is the information you requested:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 2200+ & 2400+ (Thoroughbred), the 0.13 micron successor to Palomino core Athlon XP, is expected to be released in June. Thoroughbred is expected to have the same featureset as Palomino.

For more Roadmaps on anything computer-based you may go to www.mikeshardware.co.uk

I'm going to live forever...or die trying.